Tony | Sides (Part 2)

You spent the next three days feeling like crap, camping it out at Steve's house.

You felt the couch deviate slightly, bending under new weight. Steve had sat down next to you, one knee digging into the couch, the other leg off it, touching the floor. In his hands he held a hot chocolate that reminded you of the one that he'd given you the first time you'd had a sleepover. He held it out to you and you took it graciously.

"Thanks," you said as you took a sip. The silence settled in for a moment as you both tried to evaluate what was happening.

"Are you ok?" he asked you.

You nodded. "Yeah."

He moved your hair out of your face, sighing. "You can go back to him. You don't have to pick me."

You shook my head. "This isn't about you or him. This is about Bucky."

He nodded. "Of course."

You sighed, leaning back into the couch. "Did I make the right choice?"

Steve shrugged. "I'd be giving you a biased point of view."

You chuckled. "You just can't help it can you? You're too... Proper."

He gave you a sheepish grin before moving to sit normally. He relaxed into the leather. "He's not going to give up on you, if that's what you're scared about."

You could feel tears prick your eyes. "I hope not," was all you could whisper.

.
.
-----
.
.

"(Y/N)," you heard. It was Natasha's voice on the other end. You felt horrible, but she knew what position you were in. She was sort of in the same one; a boyfriend who wouldn't take a side, and two best friends on the opposite one.

"Hey, Nat," you replied, sounding off to yourself.

She sighed. "How are you going?"

You let out a sad chuckle. "Absolutely horrible."

"Want to talk about it?"

You nodded to myself. "I haven't talked to Tony in almost a week, and I'm scared that if I do try to talk to him, he'll just reject me. I'm scared our marriage is over, Nat."

"It's not. Trust me. He's just as torn up as you, but that wedding band band never left his finger."

You let out a sigh of relief as you looked down at the ring that was still on yours.