All | Burning (Playback Part 3)

A present for reading through my Q & A. This wasn't due to be published until next week but here you go!

Thank you for the tag, it made me feel like a celebrity <3

.

.

---------------

.

.

"Wanda, do you see this?" Tony asks, his voice coming from the speakers in the jet as he links his visuals with the screen inside.

There's a circle in which all ice has turned to water, having flowing down the hillside and refrozen. The grass beneath is no longer existent and the concrete slabs that mark the entrance to some underground area have collapsed in their middles, the rest having turned to molten liquid which has rapidcooled down the land.

It's a wasteland.

.

.

.

- One day earlier

.

.

.

You wake up, vision blurry as your eyes circle the room. The room around you is white, cold and sterile. It smells like a hospital and you hate the smell of hospital. You wrinkle your nose, hoping that your sense of smell will adjust to it quickly. The last few days have been torturous.

"Let me go," you say to the man who walks in wearing a white lab coat, clipboard in hand. Your voice is hoarse and they haven't given you any since twenty-four hours ago. You're parched and feel on the verge of losing consciousness. "Please," you beg.

He takes two more steps toward you, his icy blue eyes staring into yours as you struggle to focus. This is a face you won't forget. He's the man behind the needles, hiding behind the straps that hold you down. And as you memorise his face, you find your anger building up. The parched feeling becomes a deep thirst; a heat that starts at the base of your throat. You glare at him feeling the insane urge to hit him.

Your hand comes free and you do, but instead of leaving a red mark, you leave a scorch mark. He yells profanities at you before yelling at the mirror which happens to be one sided, and not to you. You stare at your hand, eyes widening as you notice the change in colour from a slightly glowing orange back to your normal skin tone. You begin to whimper uncontrollably as you stare at yourself in the mirror. What did they do to you?!

Your other hand comes free and you yelp at the feeling of your wrist cutting through the now superheated metal like butter. It's shock, not pain, and you stare at your hands again before staring at the scientist. "What did you do?!" you scream, glaring at him as you feel the mattress fall to ashes under you.

You gasp, jumping off it whilst the metal frame still holds.

"Incredible," you hear him whisper. "The subject shows super heating capabilities," he says into his recorder.

You charge at him, feeling that same anger begin to burn in the pit of your stomach. Your hands hit his chest and he screams out like you've screamed so many times in the past few days.

Trying to take him by the collar, you notice how fast the fabric disintegrates. Frustrated with being unable to pick him up, you grab him by the flesh and throw him against the wall. Your throws are much stronger and you hear a sickening crunch as his bones hit the concrete. You take a moment to assess your situation, panting.