Tony | Sides (Part 6)

You weren't sure what to do, staring at the letters on the piece of paper. Was this just a trick that Tony was using to get you on his side? Was this just something to throw you off your game?

You heard footsteps behind you and turned around quickly, hissing at the feeling of the paper spontaneously combusting, burning itself and you a little, a partially helpful addition from Stark tech.

Bucky stood there, looking more concerning then ever. You were scared of him, but more so at the thought of his influence. "Are you ok?" he asked. Was that a loaded message?

You nodded, swallowing as you touched the window sill behind you, trying to dispose of the ashes. "Yeah. Are you?"

He nodded. "Yes."

He came to stand next to you. You kept your hands on the window sill incase he tried to throw you off. Now you didn't know who was good, and who was bad.

Was this why Vision was on their side? Was this why Natasha was there too?

Maybe the man next to you wasn't as innocent as you thought he was.

.

.

-----

.

.

Unable to shake off the feeling that you were being watched, you couldn't sleep. Tired, you tried your best to concentrate on what the group discussion was about in the morning. Honestly, you needed to know the truth, so you went to visit Tony, knowing exactly where he would be.

Sure you weren't being tailed, you jumped the gate of your house, not Stark Tower, and walked around, coming in through the back door. You sighed, looking at the mess he'd made in the kitchen, burnt food everywhere. He'd never been much of a cook, so you were sure that it was his doing.

You put down your backpack, on the kitchen counter. Looking at the couch, You sighed, wanting so badly for luxury again. Sleeping it out in a warehouse wasn't good for your back.

You walked over to it and sat down, groaning in relief. It was nice to be here.

You took a moment to collect myself before going to find Tony, who was probably in his lab, working, as he usually was when he was sad, lonely or angry. Our countless fights and sleepless nights created precedence.

That's when you heard a brawl going on, a lot of glass being broken.

You ran to where the sound was, ending up in the entertaining room near the front of the house. The room was a complete mess and Bucky stood there, gun in hand. Your gun!

He looked at me, distracted for a second. "Get out!" Tony shouted as he took his chance and pushed his palm over the opening of the gun.

"No!" you shouted. But it was too late. Before you could launch into action, he'd pulled the trigger. You screamed, not even knowing where it had come from. You felt like all the air in your lungs had been knocked out as he'd shot Tony.

You quickly calmed yourself as much as you could, letting my reflexes kick in. You pulled your other gun out from your holster, and before he could turn his gun on you, you pulled the trigger, shooting him repeatedly, two bullets in the flesh arm, and two stuns on the metal arm. He fell to the floor, writhing.

You ran to Tony who was still upright. The closer you got, the more of the flickering outline of a cracked invisible shielded hand of the Iron Man suit you could see. That explained the lack of damage to the rest of him, but didn't explain how he'd survived your bullet. You didn't care, hugging him, glad to be holding flesh instead of the metal from yesterday.

"I thought he'd shot you," you said, unsure of what else to say, flustered.

"He tried," Tony joked, chuckling a little.

You let got of him, hands moving to cup his face. "I'm so sorry. I'm so, so sorry."

He shook his head. "Don't be."

You nodded. "I am."

He pulled me close, kissing your forehead. "I know."

You sighed into the kiss, leaning into him. "And since when did you have armor that could stop my bullets?"

He pulled away, pretending to be confused. "I don't know what you're talking about."

You gave him a look. "Tony."

"It was a precaution, ok? Bucky is one persuasive villain. And add him to Captain Stars, and we've got a brainwashing system of false glory and innocence."

You laughed. Oh Tony, always making jokes at Steve's expense at the most inappropriate of times, such as now when there was a guy writhing in pain right behind you.

Tony looked past you. "We should probably put him in the Loki cage until Fury arrives."

You nodded and he moved to go and get Bucky. You stopped him, hand on his arm.

He looked to you confused and worried.

"I love you," you said, a smile appearing on your face.

He grinned back at you.

The End!!!

-----

I hope you guys liked it!