6

Oh my freaking goodness I love you guys. My Little Mate is over 20k reads already. I honestly can't believe it. Also, my story The Werewolf Hunter and Her Werewolf Mate reached 100k! Guys thank you so much. Also, I reached 500 followers! THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING! If you haven't already, go check out The Alpha's Disobedient Mate, it will overlap with this story a little. ;)

Any who, you probably don't want to have this long authors note so on with that chafpter! 
-

Blaire's POV

I wake up feeling... Warm. Like, really warm. It's a nice feeling. I snuggle into the warmth, wanting to enjoy it. I sigh happily. I could get used to this. I open my eyes and let out a scream.

Darren jolts and he panics.

"Blaire!? Oh my goodness, are you okay Blaire?" His hands are on my shoulders. He's gonna hurt me! I shouldn't have woken him, now I'm going to be punished.

"I'm so sorry," I let out a sob. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to wake you just please don't hurt me, I'm sorry."

"Hey, Blaire... Oh." Darren let's go, scooting away. "I'm sorry Blaire." He mumbles.

Why is he sorry...? I just didn't understand. I curl into a ball and pull the blankets to cover my face as I sob in frustration and fear. What's wrong with me!? With him? This whole place!?

"Blaire..." Darren sounds hurt, but angry as well. I feel myself start to shake and two strong arms pull me up and I'm set in this really comfy way on Darren's lap.

And then his hands touch my bare thighs, and they're tingling. It's such a nice feeling and as scared as I am of Darren, my body starts to crave his touch. My wolf urging me to be closer. And that's what I do. I bury my face into the crook of his neck still sobbing, where my skin touched his there's tingling.

No matter how scared, I loved this. This was... I felt so... Safe. Which I don't understand, how can I feel this way when I'm scared? But I just wanted to stay like this. Never to move. Here is comfortable. Here is safe and I feel better.

I close my eyes, the drowsiness of the morning catching up to me. Slowly I stop crying. Slowly. We sit together for over half an hour. Darren whispering all these nice things. Being sweet and gentle. Something I didn't know an alpha was capable of.

I had never seen my old alpha like this to James... Comforting him like this I mean.

Maybe... Maybe Darren isn't so bad. Maybe, just maybe, he's different. Maybe...

***

When I've had enough of this, I push on him gently. He sets me down on the bed and stands up. I get up as well and I stretch a bit.

"I'm going to get Lilian to bring you some new clothes and then we are going to go shopping today... Just you and me." Darren says and rubs the back of his neck.

But I don't have money. I've never been shopping before either. Is it hard?

"Actually," Darren's eyes cloud over a bit. "We're going to bring Lilian along. So she can help." His eyes return to normal and he looks over at me.

I just nod and in a few minutes, Lilian is walking into the room. She hands me clothes before saying she'll be waiting downstairs.

I undress and put on the new clothes, Darren helps me tie the running shoes. I feel awfully embarrassed about it, how could I have forgotten how to tie my shoes? I've been a rogue for much too long...

"Ready now?" Darren asks.

I nod and he leads me downstairs. I realize there is no fear left. Well, there's still fear but it's a different kind of fear that I can't quite put my finger on. I sigh in frustration.