22

IM STILL ALIVE! I am so so so sorry it's been forever since I last updated. There are reasons for that. One, I had 1400 words for chapter 22 and then I decided I hated it so this is completely rewritten. Second, the last three weeks have been just crazy. Last week/this week, was my time to relax after having a really bad previous two weeks. My mood is better though and I hope to be updating regularly again! :)

This chappie is also a little short in sorry but I like this so much better than the first version I had written.

Now, media. I was scrolling through my Instagram feed and saw it and I died because I thought of Blaire and Darren. So I tagged AddieHigenell and everything and then I just had to put it in the media of this chapter. <3

Hey, guess what else, I went dogsledding for my second time and got to meet the wolf pack for a second time! I learned some things about wolves that I will love to incorporate in the sequel of this book. ;)

Anyway, super long authors note because I had lots to say and share! Thanks so much to everyone reading and voting and commenting, it means so much! Love you all! <3

-

Blaire's POV

There was one more death from the pack the next week. Though I didn't know the person, I felt responsible. People are dying because Darren won't let the rogues have me. Of course, I'm happy they won't get me. But I don't like that people are dying!

I shiver at the thought. The front door opens and I smile. Darren's home early! Luke and Zale both change their positions to a lot more of a formative one. I had made them lunch with many difficulties. I learned I wasn't good at cooking or baking or making food that required many different things...

Luke ended up helping. Zale warmed up a bit, he talks to me now. His hair is cool, it's brown and in tiny curls! But he wears a hat a lot of the time.

Darren walks in and tells Zale and Luke they can go. I say goodbye and watch as the leave before hugging Darren.

"I missed you." I mumble.

"I know. I can feel it." Darren replies. He doesn't seem very happy. He's in a bad mood, he doesn't even hug back, he just pushes me away. I watch as he grabs a bottle from the fridge and pops the cap off. He drinks some before walking upstairs.

Hesitantly, and after waiting a little while, I head upstairs. What's wrong with Darren. The whole house seems dark with his mood, a sort of tension in the air. I knock on his office door and he grunts a 'come in.'

Stepping in, and looking at him, I realize there's something very wrong. He's stressed, wrinkles on his forehead as he pinches the bridge of his nose. Darren looks up.

"What is it?" He asks gruffly, sipping from the bottle again.

"I just wanted to know how you were doing." I reply.

"Fine." Darren snaps. "You know you don't have to follow me around like a lost puppy."

"I know..." I say slowly, a little confused.

"So stop bothering me and get out of my sight!" Darren yells, slamming a fist down on the desk.

My wolf inside howls. She's in pain a great deal of it. And so am I. "I... I will." I whisper and quickly run out.

I go outside and build up a wall and do my best to cut off every connection I have with Darren. I shift and start to run, not in any particular direction, just running.