24

Here's a surprise chapter for you all! Haha.

Picture up top I found really cute, it reminded me of Blaire and Darren!

Now, I get that this is a filler chapter, but my friends, it's the calm before the storm. ;)

-

Blaire's POV

I watch as workers walk in and out of the house, carrying what they need. They're making lots of noise upstairs. It hurts my ears sometimes.

My leg only hurts sometimes now and I got the cast thingy off. It made my leg itchy so it was nice to have it off and not need it back on. It's been two days since David died. Darren was hiding it from me, but I found out. He's a very loud man, I heard him tell Wesley and Erik about it. He was really mad too.

Darren is here to watch and make sure the workers don't mess up or if they have questions. They're just making the bedroom beside us my closet. So they have to seal up one door and put one in our bedroom.

I cover my ears and close my eyes as they make lots of noise again. Why can't they be quieter. I'm picked up and I open my eyes.

"Darren!" I smile. "I want cake."

He rolls his eyes. "Of course you do. Can't you wait until after lunch?"

"No."

"But you have to because there isn't any cake in the house. I'll get someone to pick up your favourite, okay?"

I sigh. "Fine."

Darren brings me into the kitchen, setting me down, and he starts making lunch.

"Darren... What are we going to do about the rogues?" I frown. "They've killed too many people."

"I know Blaire, we're looking for them. And it's not just our pack, others are looking for them too. They kidnap strong she-wolves." Darren explains.

"But no one has found them." I sigh.

"We will." Darren promises. "We won't ever give up looking either."

I wait impatiently for lunch. "Can we go shopping after? I would like to try it again, because I'm stronger. And I like clothes."

"Sure. We can get some things for your new closet." Darren says.

"How is David's sister?" I ask quietly.

"What do you mean?"

"David was killed." I whisper.

Darren tenses as he sets my plate in front of me. Chicken fingers and fries, yum. He sits next to me with his own plate, dipping his fries in the disgusting red stuff called Ketchup, as if to stall.

"His family... They're coping." He says slowly.

I don't know what coping means... I sigh frustratedly but decide not to ask. I eat a few fries before Darren speaks up.

"How did you know?"

"You were yelling about it. I was in bed, but you're really loud." I reply, eating a chicken finger.

Darren sighs and nods, running a hand through his hair. He does that a lot, but it doesn't make his hair any different. I watch him for a moment, he's still tense. I purse my lips, do I say anything? Maybe I shouldn't... I go back to eating my lunch.

"What do you need to get shopping?" Darren asks finally, after a long period of silence. Well, not really, the workers make lots of noise.

"Skirts! Glittery stuff and leggings. Ooh and I want the pretty boots Lilian has too." I smile.