12

Cover ^ made by @netflixandme

Thanks a bunch for the cover!!!

I'm sorry it takes me a little longer to update. I'll probably be updating every weekend because school and I have a really busy week. Like appointments for things and tests and blah. Yeah. Next week will be a bunch of exam review and the week after, exams. Then I'll have 3 days off before 2nd semester. So I hope to update lots then if I slack in this busy month.

Now, on with the chapter! :)

-

Blaire's POV

"You ready Blaire?" Darren asks, he looks very nervous.

Today is my acceptance trials. They have been thoroughly explained to me. I have to fight three wolves consecutively and win. Each with a different skill level, though each a female.

To say I'm nervous and overwhelmed is just grazing how I feel.

I stand on the front porch, playing with my fingers in my nervousness. Waiting with Luke for Darren to come get me. Luke kept saying I'll do fine and Darren would never let anyone hurt me... But then why is he making me do this now? Surely it could wait just a little longer...

Darren's foot steps make me look up at him, he's walking over, a hard blank face.

"Shift." He says.

I do so and follow him as he takes me to this big clearing. He instructs me to sit in the middle of this big circle which lots of people are surrounding. Three female wolves step out in front of me.

"The rules," Darren starts slowly. He had already gone over them with me many times. There were not many. "You girls must have a clean fight, first to draw blood wins. If any blows are made for the kill, you are to be rejected from the pack," he says to me. "Or punished in the cells." He says to the girls. "Luke, Erik, Wesley and I will be judging. If there is ever something wrong you must stop the fight at our word."

"Blaire, you may choose your first challenger." Luke says.

I look over the three wolves. One is big, very big. Another is small like me. The other looks, well, she looks evil. Or to me at least. I walk up to the really big wolf and bow my head as a sign of myself choosing her.

I take a few steps back, studying the big wolf. Darren said my wolf is allowed to be present, so I let her. She doesn't come out often, I find her quite scary. When she is mad, she surfaces and I black out until she gives me control back. Though, she has to be really mad for that to happen.

"You may begin." Darren says, before I'm ready. I can feel my once calm heart start to race. Although my wolf is with me, I'm still scared.

The other wolf makes the first move. But it's sloppy and not well aimed, she lunges and I much to easily dodge. I turn and jump into her back which makes her legs collapse. Easily I run a claw lightly down her back, drawing blood. I wince I didn't like this I step off and panic a little. I didn't want to hurt her!

"Match is over." Erik says.

I jump when Luke calls a simple stop and jogs over. "Blaire? You have to do it. I know you don't like it. She's not hurt, I promise." He speaks quietly.

I press my ears flat against my head. I don't want to keep hurting people. Even if they don't get 'hurt'.

Luke sighs. "You can do this Blaire, I know you can. Now choose your next opponent."