Chapter Eight: Fox Lady

WriterActress: Guys please tell me what you think! I'd really appreciate it, but here's an update! Oh yeah and I finally got the youtube link thing working so now you can listen to music while reading this chapter! (does a little happy dance) I don't need a lot to make me happy. A review would be nice though, or something. Anything. 

I'm not updating until the August 15. I'd love to hear something from you guys by then because it's a little frustrating sometimes. 

______________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Eight: 

Fox Lady

I held my breath for a moment and sat perfectly still as I heard the rain dripping down through leafs and branches. The wolf took a big sniff of the air, pulling me over with his strong lungs slightly.

“As time as gone on, the gene of sight has slowly disappeared because it was no longer needed or maybe, humans simply could no longer take the world of faerie and left. Now, no one truly has sight simply through blood.” 

Okay, I guess that makes sense. 

It was too cold and too wet. Too much like the night when I got my scars, but I didn’t want to move. I didn’t want to lose this moment. I could finally cling to something solid other then Drake. I let my knees fall onto the muddy ground and leaned against the wolf who looked up at me. He nuzzled my stomach. 

“When humans abandoned the other two worlds…” 

“Two worlds?” I whispered even though I don’t know why. 

“Three including yours, there is spirit world and faerie world. Humans departed from the two worlds long ago.” He explained, but of course, he let out the fact as to why humans left. I probably didn’t want to know. “This threw off the balance so humans who still contained sight through their blood were forced to be protectors a hundred years later when humans forgot about the worlds. The Rose Court, which disappeared as well, seemed to have given one human spirit the power of the “prince” who are the protectors of three worlds. The power last belonged to King Arthur.” He tilted his head up at me as I realized I was holding my breath. This…sounded like this was going to end badly for me. 

“I thought that was a legend.” 

The wolf snorted, “Of course you would. Humans need their logic minds. They can’t let that go. Even those who believe in a higher power only believe it if it takes them to their happy place. They refuse to believe in evil or the twisted.”

I could believe that. I thought about how Drake had said a few spiteful things about humans, but he never seemed to refer it to me like I was some holy thing. I hated that. I really did.  

 “Now to the point, the Lunae Lux Court, Drake’s court, believes that you are this human prince.” 

“No, you’re wrong. They’re both wrong. The human prince sounds holy and important. There has to be other humans with sight!” I tried to keep the fear out of my voice. “And I’m a girl. I may not act it most of the time, but I don’t have a penise!” 

The wolf quirked an eye brow before asking, “Do you believe we follow the rules of gender like you humans?” 

No, of course not. 

“I’m not. I won’t be this thing. I don’t even want to be around faeries!” I shouted as I shook. I bit my cheek to make it stop. I took a deep breath. “I won’t!” 

“What about Drake?” 

“What about him?” 

“You seem comfortable with him.”