Chapter Fifteen: Black Feather

Hey guys! I know it's been awhile, but things are crazy at the moment! I'll update the day after Christmas since this chapter is short and I'm on a very long, long break for college. I don't know if I can stay at home for a month. 

I would love to hear from you guys because, as I said before, this novel is part of a series. I'm not the bitchy sort of writer that demands a certain amount of votes, but I prefer to hear from you guys. I want to know if you want me to post "Orange Roses". 

Anyway, I know, we haven't seen Drake in awhile. Weird, huh? I adore Drake as I've told you guys before. It's so stiff and stuck up sometimes. 

I got a cool art book today with bunch of faerie pictures. For me, looking at art inspires me. On with the story! 

_______________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Fifteen:

Black Feather 

“Woah, what?” I yelled as I jumped up. “You can’t mean that!”

“I do,” Erasmus said with a lopsided smile. “My sister, Jinx is better at this than I am. She loves the chaos, the salauds, the backstabbing, and politics. I don’t want any of this. I would much rather be in the human world.” 

That’s funny since I’ve been around Drake and all he ever does is complain about the Human world. 

“Dude, are you nuts?” I said, flapping my arms out wildly. “The human world is just as ugly if not more so. Hell, only humans stay there because they don’t know anything else!”

He looked at the flowers. “You won’t even accept your role as the humain prince. This title also gives you power and you don’t want it. Why should I want the title of roi when I don’t want it? Jinx deserves and wants it much more than I do. I am so tired of this world, you have no idea of how poisonous this world is.”

I relaxed my body. “You want to escape.” 

“I’m not even wanted here. I am a half-breed, a bytard child.” 

Ah hell, I understood exactly what he meant. Well, maybe not the half-breed part, but the everyone hates me part. What the hell am I supposed to say to that?

I opened my mouth a few times, but I still didn’t find any words, so I sat down next to him and held his hand. His fingers curled around mine as I mentally began to try to remember if he had wings. I decided to ask, because what could I lose? 

“Hey…uhh, do you have wings on your back?” 

His grin broke his seriousness for a moment. “Yes, do you want to see them, amour?” 

I felt my cheek redden a little. I felt like I was being turned into a little girl again with these little nicknames and french words of love. I remembered Erasmus's words in french and how I would giggle all the time like it was the funnies thing in the world even though I didn't know why such little things delighted me. “No, I was just wondering.” 

He yanked me to him which caused me to land on him a little. He forced me to hug him under the cloak he wore and I felt a little bit of his skin on his back. Then I felt something powdery and smooth. A warm, sad feeling of nostalgia washed over me.  

“I always have a hole in the back of my shirt because my wings are a little bit more sensitive than others. It’s the same for Jinx too.” He said with a shrug as I shrugged out of his arms. “But never mind that. We were getting to tu, right?”