Chapter Sixteen: Diamonds made of Blood

Wahaha! Another chapter. Only three more to go after this and a preview for "Orange Roses". 

_________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Sixteen:

Diamonds made of blood 

I woke up a few more hours later with a pair of arms wrapped around me. He slept peacefully next to me with an actual smile on his lips. I thought about pushing him off when I remembered the light frowns and how he rubbed his temples last night. Studying his face, I almost saw bags forming underneath his eyes. He did come in late last night. Wait a minute, the door was unlocked. Damn, if I only knew where Cooper was I might be able to- 

Matin.” Erasmus yawned as tightened his grip around my waist. 

“If you like your arm then I suggests you let go of me.” I warned him as I heard a chuckle. He did retract his arms though. He got out of bed and stretched a little. 

While he stretched he asked, “What would you have done if I didn’t pull away? It wasn’t like you could have actually hurt me. I’m stronger than the average faerie, you know. So I’m not sure you could really do anything even if you had an iron knife or your sword.” I watched his back muscles dance underneath his skin. “What’s with that spaced out look on your face? You’re not falling for me, are you?” He said with a hopeful grin. 

I blushed and turned away, “No way.”

The door burst open with a frantic female version of Erasmus came running in. She had the same dark skin and purple hair as Erasmus did. She was even was the same height as him. The only difference was the fact that her hair went all the way to her ankles. She wore a long flowing yellow dress that looked perfect since her skin contrasted against the color of the dress. She came marching over to Erasmus with angry wife sort of look on her face. I’ve only seen that look when Taylor got mad at Eric for something and that was scary enough.

Erasmus gave her a suspecting look on his face. Actually, he looked a little bored. “Hey, syur. Didn’t you-” 

“Brother, you slept in again! Even though you know it’s the big party tonight.” 

Oui, but-”

“I know you didn’t get a lot of sleep last night, but still this is unacceptable. How will you become a good king if you’re not on time for your own meetings?” His sister started running in and out of the closet in a rush that reminded me of the road runner. “Okay, let’s see. We need to get your special jewels out and maybe I could convince mother to let you borrow some of daddy’s cloths and-”She was worse than Hanuel who would be like this when he knew a math test was coming up for me.

“Jinx-” Erasmus tried to say between the rushing back and forth to his closet. 

“Or better yet I can ask Sparky and Squirt to help you. Oh, you need to talk to the caterers-”

“We have a convive.” When Erasmus said this, Jinx stopped like she ran out of steam and turned to face me with a political grin on her face. The kind of smile a person purposely practices in the mirror. 

She put her hand to her mouth to hide a grin. “You must be my brother’s fiancé. He did say that you came.” 

“I am not his fiancé!” 

 I realized almost instantly that this was not the right thing to say since Jinx glared at me and I almost expected to see steam rising out of her ears. Jinx looked at her brother as he grinned, “Yet.”