Chapter 5 What He Is.

Neeran stood concealed in a darkened alley on the streets of Lothal across the road from the people she trusted most on the planet whilst holding an unconscious Ezra against her chest. The hood of her red cloak covered Neeran's face as she checked for both storm troopers and informants, realising that her adventures on the Outer Rim planet of Lothal had begun on that very street about a decade previous with her former Padawan Hiccup, now better known as Shakkuri.

How had things come back to that very place as Neeran hurried across the street to the Bridgers household, you may ask?

Well, that is a little more difficult to explain...

<The day before...>

"Mum," whispered Kyipi, seemingly horrified. "He isn't human."

Neeran didn't reply.
She knew exactly what had happened to Ezra, and what he really was.

"They're going to pay," growled Neeran, clenching her fists so tightly they became white.
"For everything."

Neeran turned to Jexxel and Chopper, who had been trying to make themselves as small as possible, and said, "I'll deal with you two later. Right now, we need to deal with Ezra."

Jexxel and Chopper seemed ready to comply with any order Neeran gave them at that moment and both stood at attention ready to receive her instructions.

"You two are taking everyone back to the ship with Shakkuri," ordered Neeran as she looked at Shakkuri. "Make sure nothing like this happens  on your way."

"Where are you going?" asked Janan.

"I need to retrieve Theta from the system," said Neeran. "Zach'll cover me. Go."

As everyone went to move away and comply with their orders, Neeran suddenly heard someone she didn't think she would've heard in that sort of situation.

She hadn't spoken to him in at least three years, not since the days after Ezra's adoption and the day of Kyipen's adoption.

'Neeran,' said the voice suddenly.
'Jax?' said Neeran looking back down the hall.
'The med-bay above has what you need to reverse it,' said Jax. 'But he can no longer stay with you.'

Neeran was silent for a minute.

'It's too dangerous now isn't it? Now that he knows?'

'This will be goodbye for both of you.'

"Change in plans," said Neeran suddenly with a slight strain in her voice as she listened to Jax's voice fade away.
"We're all taking Ezra to the stations med-bay on the next level. We'll be able to help him there."

"But don't we want to get out of here?" asked Jexxel hesitantly as Neeran began to lead the way down the hall.

"I don't have what we need to fix this," said Neeran, leading the group to the next level of the station.
"But Juan does."

"What do you need?" asked Chopper, going to follow after Neeran for a second but stopped himself from following her.

Neeran stopped at the end of the corridor as the group could hear footsteps becoming louder and louder as the Black Sun soldiers that were after them were getting closer and closer as the seconds ticked by.

"Human blood."

Everyone started except for Zach who knew exactly what Neeran was thinking of.

"And to make things worse," continued Neeran, turning to face them.

"It has to match Ezra's specific blood type."