Chapter 21 Explosions.

Ka-boom!

The explosions began to rock the building that the battle between the team of seven and their clones had just been fought on and the seven standing knew that they needed to get out.

"Get to the sides!" yelled Galleion.
"Oh why us?" muttered Neeran under her breath as she ran with her team to the edge of the buildings and leapt off.
"Theta!"

Neeran saw Theta's calculations for how to land without killing herself flash before her eyes and she only vaguely registered the calls of her comrades as they too called upon their A.I's to do the same thing.

'Now,' came Theta's command and Neeran tumbled on the ground and came to rest abruptly against the wall of a building.
"Theta! What the hell-?"

Neeran got no further as the roof of the building exploded again and was suddenly ignited into a fiery inferno.
All seven of the team, six of which were not in very good shape by the miscalculations of the jump, watched as the building continued to burn before their very eyes.
"Glad we were off that roof," said Zach, being the only member standing after they'd leapt.
"Ditto," said all of the six others that lay on the ground in varying forms of pain.

"Oh thank the Lord," said Jax as he suddenly appeared with them. "You're all alright."
"Depends on your definition of alright," said Neeran, as she tilted her head back to look at Jax upside down.
"You're all still alive," said Jax as he began to help them. "That's all that matters to me."
"What are you? Our dad?" asked Neeran jokingly, but Jax didn't see the joke in it.
"I'd consider myself in that role with you seven."

That made Neeran feel a little shocked that the man she'd only considered as a Jedi Master considered her his daughter. It touched her and made her feel like someone considered her special other than her closest friends and Zach.

"Come on," said Jax. "Let's go."

Unseen by the group was the hidden figure of Juan in the shadows.
And he just simply stayed there and watched the group as his older brother helped them all up and took them away from the scene and potentially off-planet.
It wasn't his concern by then.
He had more pressing matters that demanded his attention and his involvement with the Black Sun Corporations distant branches.

Such as a certain mercenary company known in the depths simply as OC-49, though Juan was sure he'd just figured out the story behind the mysterious mercenary group...