Chapter 26 A Familiar Feeling.

Song starts at 0:16.

"Ezra!"

Neeran instantly sat bolt upright and just realised that she'd just been sleeping. She groaned as the memory came back and then realised the Zach was beside her, looking extremely concerned.
"What's wrong?"
"Nightmare."
"Nightmare?" asked Zach. "Or memory?"

"Memory," admitted Neeran reluctantly. "It was a memory."
"Of Ezra?"
"When we lost him."

Zach wrapped his arms around her and the pair just sat there in tranquil silence.

"How do you think he's doing?"
"I don't know," said Neeran. "I can't even tell if he's still alive anymore."
"We'll find him again."
"Mira forbade me, remember?" said Neeran. "I'm not allowed to go find him."

"She never said anything about watching him from afar," said Zach. "You just we told not to interact with him."

After a moments hesitation and consideration, Neeran asked, "What are you implying? I served any connection I had with him. There's no way for me to find him through the Force."
"Even your sub-conscious connections?" asked Zach.
"Even them," said Neeran. "There couldn't have been any way for him to find us or us to find him. It's a two way street that couldn't be allowed considering the danger he was in when he was younger."

"I didn't realise how far you'd distanced yourself from him."
"I didn't want to," said Neeran. "But I didn't exactly have much of a choice. Your plan was to watch over him with my Force connections, wasn't it?"
"Yeah," said Zach. "I didn't think you'd destroyed all of them."
"I did," said Neeran. "Many times I wish I hadn't, but we couldn't run the risks. It was too dangerous and he was safer with the Bridgers."

"Without our interference."
"Sadly," said Neeran. "But something tells me he's still alive and is going to play a significant role in the coming Rebellion."

Neeran's comm system with the Rebellion suddenly began to chime and Neeran activated it.
"This is Senator Bail Organa to Jedi General Neeran Zaneshi, Captain of the Spectre and its rebel cell. It's time. Co-ordinates 49, 56, 49, 57."