Chapter 12

vote/comment

Elliot's POV

"So, who do you choose L? We don't have all night", I shuddered as I heard Blaez's voice. "Are you even listening to me? Hello? Earth to L?" He joked causing a string of laughter around me.

Don't respond.

Don't make eye contact.

He'll hurt you if you do.

"The Alpha asked you a question Runt!" A voice yelled behind me as I was kicked to the front of the group. I fell unto the snow covered ground and hugged my body defensively, just in case someone decides to throw a fist next. The cold air nipped at the bare parts of my body and I trembled furiously.

Don't respond.

Don't make eye contact.

He'll-

"Okay then, well I'll kill both of them then", I heard the cocking of his long revolver and my eyes widened.

"No! d-don't- stop it please!" I begged as he pressed the gun against the forehead of a little girl. Upon seeing this, the man next to her began screaming at Blaez to kill him instead of his daughter. The fire ahead of us roared as if it too was pleading on behalf of the child. "Well I'll ask you again little L. Who. Should. I. Kill," he asked and I finally looked up, only to wish I didn't.

There was fire everywhere. The smell blood and ash filled my nostrils and the wails and screams of people filled my ears. It all began to trigger my panic attack as the memories of my parents' death came back to me. My vision began to get clouded and everything around me became morphed and twisted until everything became silent.

"Well", a voice said.

"Choose. . . or I'm taking them both out", I looked up and only saw Blaez, holding a gun at-

My parents' heads. I tried to scream but nothing came out. I even tried moving, but that also didn't work. I just sat there, helplessly watching my parents as they stared pleadingly at me. He cocked the revolver then tilted it at my mom. 

"No!-"

"Then tell me who to kill L! someone's gotta to die", he grinned, digging the gun into my mom's head.

I couldn't breathe.

I couldn't think.

It's not real. You're having another attack. I tried to talk myself out of it but I couldn't. It just felt too real.

"If you don't choose someone in three seconds, I'm killing both of them!"

"One."

No.

"Two!"

Please stop. Why won't he stop? Hasn't he had enough?

"Two and a half!"

I don't want to kill them again. I can't take it anymor-

"Three!"