Chapter 36

A few days earlier.

Iris POV

"Left!"

"Right!"

"Speed up!"

"Faster!"

"Left- no, stop!"

We all skidded to a stop, just as mother commanded. I inhaled and exhaled heavily, and everyone else did the same. "What. . . what the hell mother!" I wheezed before glaring at the girl hanging around my shoulders. "Where exactly are we going?!" Xavier spoke behind me and everyone else looked at her impatiently, waiting for her answer.

When we left what was left of the Moonshine Pack, we met up with my brothers and sisters, before suddenly being sent on this crazy marathon run through the frozen woods. Mother didn't even say why, she just suddenly began urging us run for some reason. Didn't she know where Deimos was now? Why weren't we going after him? "We've been traversing through these woods for almost an hour now mother. What's the reason for this?" Cronus asked. Mother squirmed slightly, and I let her off my back. We all then crouched so that we were eye level to the woman, who was now looking around at our new environment curiously. "Well mother?" I asked.

"Right."

Huh?

"Let's go right!" She said excitedly, pointing in the direction.

We looked at each other warily.

"Mother. . . come on! What are we doin-"

She suddenly snapped.

She spun around, her teeth bared and her eyes completely black.

Her stare alone made all of us drop to our knees, our necks bared in submission.

"Asking all these questions. Why can't you put a little trust in your mother, hmm?" She stood in a 'scolding mother' stance (one hand on the hip, and the other used for pointing at each one of us in a scolding manner),  which looked comical for her, seeing that she looked more like a little girl than an actual mother. I would of laughed if I wasn't currently fearing for my life.

"I apologize, mother", We all said at once. She seemed to approve of this, because her glare suddenly disappeared and her anger completely vanished. "Great! Now my children! Run! Run like the wind!" Everyone sighed, before standing up. Mother raised her hands towards me, and I rolled my eyes before crouching down next to her to give her better access to my back. With her arms and legs securely around my body, we bolted through the woods once again, with her Vulcans in close pursuit.