Chapter Twenty-Five: I'll stay with you

Saturday came so quickly, it was really unfortunate. I woke up with a head ache, when I did not get out of bed mom came to check on me. I also had a high fever, so I stayed in bed. I asked her to inform Jason that I won't be able to make it today and she did so.

Mom brought some medicine for me to help with the head ache and fever, and I took them with no ease. She also brought up breakfast for me, which I could not eat because I did not have the appetite; So she left it on the table at the side for me to eat whenever I was ready. Mom also had work that day.

There was a knock at the door , I turned my head to see who it was and Jason came walking in. He was in a blue three-quarter soft material pants, with a lime-green T-shirt and a blue hoodie.

"Hey, your mom told me that you weren't feeling good so I came to check up on you," he stated as he stood at my bedside.

I smiled at him and mom came in, "I'll just be out for a bit, I need to attend an important meeting," she stated.

"Alright," I murmured.

Jason looked at me and said, "I'll stay with you." He then turned to my mother and said that she could go in for the whole day work because he could stay with me; And she agreed. How strange because she hardly knows him.

Mom left.

Jason sat on the side on my bed and checked my temperature. "You don't have to do all this," I stated.

"But I want to."

He said that my temperature was high and I jokingly said that he should be a male nurse or doctor, and he laughed a bit because we both knew that he don't have patience to deal with people but somehow he had the patience to deal with a person like me. I told him that my mom had already given me medicine to help. He was caring and loving, something that you would not expect from a guy who was the football captain; normally they don't really care about anyone nor anything, well according to what I've heard.

Jason sat on the left side of the bed and I raised up to sit beside him. I rested my head on his shoulders and he placed his arm around me, hugging me from the side and resting his head on mine, he kissed me on my forehead. I placed my hand across his abdomen, hugging him. I really wanted to sleep, I tried to fight it but it just took over.

***

I woke up to Jason's smell, I slowly opened my eyes to find tht he was still there. He did not sit up-right, with both his arms still around me. My head was on his chest and my hands were around his abdomen, hugging him tightly.

"Are you feeling better?" I heard Jason ask, I guess he noticed that I was awake.

"Yeah, you stayed here all the time with me?" I stated and asked looking up at him.

"Of course, there is nothing that I won't do for you," he said giving me a kiss on the forehead. I got up sitting on the bed, "What time is it? I need to take a shower."

He looked at his phone and said that is was about two in the afternoon. I got off of the bed and went to the closet to get some clothes. Jason came from behind and whispered into my ear that he will be downstairs.

I got a blue joggers and a T-shirt from the closet and went to the bathroom. After showering, drying my skin and putting on my undergarments and clothes, I walked out of the bathroom. I looked in the mirror, I did not look that attractive but anyway I don't think Jason's going to look at that, I think.

I went downstairs, I did not find him in the living room, so I decided to check the kitchen. I found Jason in the kitchen trying to cook, I guess. "What are you doing?" I asked him. He turned around to meet me right behind him. He took me by the hand and carried me to stool behind the counter, "Sit here, when I'm done you will know," he said and walked back to where he was before.