Chapter 17

The picture attached is Logan's dress for the ball btw.

Disclaimer: I do not own the picture, dress or have any part of it. Nor do I own, or take ANY credit for black butler manga, or the animated series. And while we're at it, any merchandise that is black butler

Thanks!

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

It was the morning before the ball, and kimberly was of course the most excited. Said girl bound into Logan's room at the break of dawn.

"Wake up wake up its today!!" She squealed as she yanked the curtains aside to brighten the room. "Today is the day! We have to get you ready!"

Logan groaned from the sudden bright light hitting her eyes. "Its not even until nighttime. What are you doing?"

"Well sorry I'm excited. I cant wait for the actual ball to end so we can have our own private one" Kimberly sighed dreamily. Picturing her and Ciel slow dancing under the stars.

Logan chuckles, knowing what the blonde was excited about. They all decided, since they couldn't publicly dance and show effection with their lovers, to have another sort of ball after all the guests had left.

She herself was excited. She even had a seperate dress in mind for it.

~Time skip to the ball~

The main room was bustlingwith people. And still more were arriving. It really wasnt something that either of the Phantomhives enjoyed. But it was tradition for the Phantomhive family.

Many people had come to the noble-lady and expressed their congratulations and good wishes. Many men kissing her hand. Others more... lewd than others. The mere thought grossed her out to no end. To such a degree she felt the need to wipe and sanitize her hand constantly.

She knew it would only be a matter of time when she would be forced to dance with a stranger. And worse. Probably some pervert after her body and money. Not always in that order.

Sebastian and Kimberly had a hard time stomaching those thoughts as well. And every single flirtatious look and touch their loves received.

Alas... as dreaded, the main dance arrived. And a broad shouldered blonde man to be at least 30 asked for the dance. Logan fought a cringe as she politely curtsied and was forced to accept.

As the song began he pulled her onto the dancefloor and too close to his chest for any formal dance. His smell forced her to supress a gag. The overpowering smell of over-expensive cologne and alcohol made her nose wrinkle and her eyes water. But she held her smile. It would make her family look bad to be so impolite and rude.

She glanced over the mans shoulder to see no one else on the dance floor except Ciel and a young woman.

Her train of thought was quickly halted when the man spun her around and she felt the familiar feeling of metal against her neck. Her eyes widened in surprise. She hadn't expected this.

Gasps and some screams were heard around the room. Ciel quickly tried to get to me but quickly stopped when the man started yelling.

"Take another step and I'll slit her throat! All of you!! No one moves!!"

She looked at Sebastian, who looked completely conflicted and helpless. He was too far to do anything without raising suspicion. All he could do, was hope she could handle him as humanly as possible.

As quick as it happened, it ended. Logan grabbed the mans wrist and heard it snap from her grip. She quickly yanked his arm forward, using her shoulder and body to throw him over her shoulder. When he was at the highest point she quickly yanked his arm downward, slamming his body into the ground with another, and particularly loud, crack.