chapter 18

Kimberly felt as if she was floating, yet her limbs as heavy as lead, as she walked through the halls in her nightgown. The young couple hadn't the energy to even dress properly.

They stood outside the door of the elder Phantomhive sibling's room, the air thick and heavy with sorrow. Slowly they opened the door.

The room was dark and only a single candle lit the room. Sebastian was sitting in the middle of the room, the young maiden laying across his lap. He seemed to be in a trance-like state. Unblinking and unmoving, his eyes were unfocused and his posture held no formalcy.

Logan was draped across his lap, head down and her hair hiding her face. Kimberly and Ciel held their breath. Could she possibly...?

After a few moments Sebastian stirred, his eyes going back into focus. Gently he turned logan so she was facing the ceiling. Her face was pale even in contrast to the butlers gloves as he cupped her cheek and cradled his hand behind her head.

He slowly leant down, kissing her forehead, then her brow, then check then down to her neck where the junction of her shoulder and throat met. There he paused, seeming lifeless in his movements.

Kimberly clung to Ciel, knowing her life had ended. But that ended as she heard a growl and saw Sebastian bite into Logan's shoulder.

Ciel was furious. How dare he tarnish his sisters body in anger over her death!?

"What the hell are you doing!?"

Sebastian didnt say a word, mumbling things to himself as he held Logan's limp body to his chest. The bite began to glow as the blood continued to drip from the wound. After a few moments he growled.

"She's mine."

×
×
×
×
×
×

Logan woke to find herself against a familiar frame. And lots of yelling around her. She couldnt make out the words, but the voices weren't foreign to her. She tried to open her eyes but she was hit with a bright light, groaning in pain.

It was then the fighting stopped, and she felt eyes on her. She stirred, trying to get into a more comfortable position in whoevers lap she was in. The room remained silent as she slowly retried to open her eyes.

Then she saw them. Three people looking down at her, one was shocked, and two relieved.

Logan sat at the dining room table, food in front of her but she didnt have an appetite for it. It looked appealing but it didnt strike her as something she could eat.

Everyone waited patiently, she hadnt reacted to much. Nor said a word. Perhaps she didnt recognize them for some reason? Ciel was the one to break the silence.

"How is it that you brought her back."

"The way a demon can. Making deals, my lord."

"What deal?"

"You see, young master, its more complicated than you think. Even demons can make deals amungst themselves."

"And what did you give in return, Sebastian?"

"... Forgive me my lord I'd rather not say..."

Logan stood quickly, suddenly snapping out of her trance, but having a hallucination. Screaming and backing to the wall as if she saw a ghost.

"S-SEBASTIAN!!!!!!"

Without hesitation he was at her side, cupping her cheeks and whispering sweet nothings to her. Slowly Logan began to see reality, relaxing muscle by muscle.

She looked around slowly, maybe even cautiously. Kimberly and Ciel didnt move, afraid to spook the older. What was going on?

*time skip*

Logan had fallen asleep, but Ciel noticed Kimberly still had something on her mind.

"Something wrong?" He asked.

"Nothing really... just... wondering what you'd think of me if I told you..."

"Told me what?" Ciel put the book he'd been reading down. His full attention on her. Kimberly fidgeted under his gaze. Nervous to say the least.

"Well..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cliff hanger! Probably won't update till christmas day or after. Or maybe sooner. Idk.

Anyway hope you enjoyed it!