Epilouge

Forever Alone?

Epilogue

Abby’s Point Of View

          “Come on Abby, you can do it!” Shane said, trying to encourage me. “Dang your squeezing my hand to death!” He added. “SHUT IT SHANE!” I yelled. My hair was matted to my forehead, and the last few hours have been less then pleasant.

          “Just one more big push, Mrs. Wilson.” The nurse next to me instructed. “You can do it honey!” My mom cheered. I clamped by eyes shut and gave it my all. The crying of a baby brought me back to reality.

          After Shane cut the umbilical cord, the nurses quickly clean our baby up, and laid him on my chest. Tears welled up in my eyes as I saw me and Shane’s son for the first time ever. He was absolutely handsome.

          I looked over at Shane, and he had the same look in his eyes that I know I had. He was a proud daddy. I slowly handed our son to Shane. “What do you want to name him?” Shane asked, he couldn’t keep his eyes off our son, and neither could I. “Well I was thinking Liam Alexander.” I said smiling. “Liam Alexander Wilson. Has a nice ring to it.” Shane replied.

          The nurses came back into the hospital room, and took Liam for a checkup, to make sure everything was okay. And of course everything was perfect.

          Shane came and laid next to me in the uncomfortable hospital bad. It reminded me of the time he was in the hospital after his car crash.

          “Shane?” I asked. “Mmhm?” he hummed turning towards me. “You know what I just realized?” I said smiling at myself. “What did you realize, Sweetheart?” Shane asked kissing me on the tip of my nose. “That if Mr.Cadwell hadn’t sat us together on the first day of junior year, we most likely wouldn’t be where we are now.”      

          “Oh I’ve know that for awhile. Why did you think I invite him to our wedding?” Shane replied a smirk plastered on his face. “Well all I have to say is thank you Mr.Cadwell!” I said, me and Shane both started laughing our butts off.

          Shane leaned over and kissed me. Every time we kissed it’s like the first. I let myself fall asleep in his strong arms. Life was perfect. I got married to the love of my life, and I have a beautiful baby boy. I’m sure there will be more kids to come.

          And I wouldn’t have it any other way.