Twenty Seven

Forever Alone?

Twenty Seven

Abby’s Point Of View

          I stared at the stunning red dress in my closet. I had bought it a month ago, thinking I would where it to Junior Prom, with my then date, Shane. But now I’m single, with a dress mocking me.

          I could ask someone, but the junior prom was this Friday so everyone at my school already had dates. Everyone at my school…so why not ask someone from who doesn’t go to my school. Maybe someone who isn’t in high school at all. I grabbed my cell phone off my night stand, and dialed his number.

          “Abby?” Luke answered on the other line, his voice groggy. “Hey Luke! How have you been?” I asked. “Um fine I guess.” He replied. “By why are you calling me at seven in the morning?”he added yawning.

          “Well I feel like I was really unfair to cancel our date that one time. And I was thinking we should try this again.” I said biting my nails, and nervous on what he would say.  

          “Let me guess, things didn’t work out with that Shane guy?” Luke said, I could tell he was smirking. “No.” I mumbled softly. “But I had a lot of fun with you at the wedding and that date with you.” I added. “So why did you pick Shane in the first place.” He questioned me.

          “Well, I had known him longer then I knew you. And he was my best friend. And I had some strong feeling for him.” I explained honestly.

          “Well I did have a lot of fun with you. And you are drop dead gorgeous.” I felt color rise to my cheeks. “So I think we could arrange another date. Got anything in mind.” Luke added.

          “Well my junior prom is next Saturday…” I said trailing off. “Are you asking me to your prom?” Luke said laughing. “Yeah, I kind of am.” I replied. “Well sure. Anything to see you in a dress again.” Again I felt color rise to my cheeks.

          “So pick me up at my house of Friday at seven.” I said. Yay! This girl gets to go to prom! I stood up and did my own little happy dance. “What do I need to wear?” he asked. “Something like you did at the wedding.” I replied. “Do you want on of those flower things?” He asked.

          “A corsage? No thanks.”I said giggling.

          “Well I have to go shower and get ready for class. Luke said. “See you Friday.” I replied clicking the call end button. I tossed my phone back on the night stand, and laid on my bed. I couldn’t wait till Friday night.

My Website: http://blueeyeswherethesecretslie.weebly.com/

Abby’s Junior Prom Outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=57259092

So this one was super short. And was basically all talking and boringness. I’m real sorry guys. But the next one should be good(: WOOP WOOP! –Dayna(: