Twenty Five

Forever Alone?

Twenty Five

Abby’s Point Of View

          “Hey…” Shane murmured sitting across from me in first period, Mr.Cadewell’s class. “H-hi.” I stuttered. I quickly pulled out my journal, which was cover with pictures of me and my friends, (which sadly includes Shane) and pretended to study last week’s lessons. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw him slide something across my desk.

          I slowly looked up and saw my iPod touch, in its bedazzled case. “You left it at my house one time, and I thought you might want it back.” He said no emotion on his face. “Thanks I was looking for it.” I replied, leaving us in an awkward silence.

          I felt someone eyes burning into the back of my skull. I turned and saw Lola with a huge smirk on her face. I wanted more than anything right then to jump and Lola and rip chunks of her hair out of her pretty little head.

          I felt my tears start to well up in my eyes, picturing Shane and Lola kissing in my head, for the thousandth time. I stood up quickly, tripping over my desk’s leg, and grabbed the hall pass of Mr.Cadewell’s cluttered desk.

          When I entered the girls bathroom, and I immediately started splashing water on my face. My make-up started to wash off, but I honestly could care less. When I finally looked up in the mirror, I didn’t recognize myself.

          My eyes looked hollow, and I had purple bags under my eyes, from my lack of sleep. I pulled out my make-up bag, and reapplied everything. I straightened up my clothes, and pulled a fake smile. I then made my way back to Mr.Cadewell’s class. 

          I love my 6th period class, creative writing. It’s a place where I can let out my emotions, a place where I could make my characters go through the same things as me, except they could have a happy ending.

          “Ms.Miller?” I said walking up to her desk. She abruptly stopped her rapid typing, and looked up at me. “I have a story in my car that I really want you to read. Can I go get it?” I asked. “Sure Abby. But please be quick about it.” She replied, and then returned to her computer.

          I got to my new used car, and unlocked the doors. I got Ted, last week. He may be old, and not have the best air conditioning, but I love Ted. (Yes, I named my car.) I climbed into the back seat, and grabbed my notebook. I then locked the doors back up, and smiled at my notebook like a creep. The story I was getting Ms.Miller to read, I was sending in to a contest. If I win, I get a five thousand dollar scholarship. I need that scholarship.

          As I made my way back to class, my mood was lifted. Then I heard a loud moan. I slowly followed the noise. My hands started to shake as Shane’s car came into view. I crouched behind a black truck, and looked at Shane’s car. I could see him and a redheaded girl. I looked closer and I could see the girl going down on him.

          I felt as if my lunch was going to make a reappearance. I quickly got up, and sprinted back to Ms.Miller’s class. I guess I meant nothing to him after all.

My Website: http://blueeyeswherethesecretslie.weebly.com/

Well five chapters left. Just like I only have 5 days of summer vacation left. Bleh. –Dayna(: