Thirteen

Forever Alone?

Thirteen

Abby’s Point of View

          “Annie seriously, just calm down and explains to me what’s the matter.”I exclaimed. Annie arrived, unexpected at my house 30 minutes ago, crying her eyes out. She hasn’t even said a single word.

          “Ju-just give me a minute.” She replied, wiping her red eyes. “Okay I’m ready to talk.” Annie muttered. “You’re going to freak Abby, but I’m sort of…um…well pregnant with Ben’s baby.” Then Annie’s tears reappeared. Out of all people, Annie was the last I expected to get pregnant. And considering she has the strictest christen parents I’ve ever met. “Oh Annie.” I whispered, quickly pulling her into a hug.

          “I can’t have this baby; my family cant even afford a pack of diapers. And my parents would just kick me out anyways. And bens family is just the same.” Annie’s words were all jumbled up together.

          “So what are you going to do with the baby?” I asked Annie. Her shoulders started shaking as she begun to spoke “You’re going to hate me for this…bu-ut I’m go-oing to get a…an abortion.” If tears could stain. “ Me and Ben already discussed it.” She added.

          “Wait a second, Annie he’s not forcing you to get an Abortion is he?” I spat out. And if he was, I was coming after him. “No, no he didn’t.” She was just starting to get ahold of herself again. “Annie I wouldn’t hate you if you got an abortion. I can’t say I love the thought of idea, but you’ve been my best friend since kindergarden. Whatever your choice is, I’ll respect it.” I replied.

          “I actually have to leave right now.” Annie mumbled. “I have my appointment…for the abortion.”

          “You want me to come?” I asked. I honestly didn’t want to be there when the abortion was being done, but I have to support my best friend. “If you don’t mind…” Annie replied trailing off. I stood up, grabbed the car keys to my mom’s car, and we both headed off to the clinic. The ride over there was as quite as a mouse; I mean you could hear every little noise.

          When we go to the clinic we just sat there, expressionless, and waited for Annie’s name to be called.

          I teenaged girl, who was very pregnant, came walked out from the back, hand in hand with her boyfriend. “I can’t believe were having a boy!” the girl exclaimed. They both looked so happy, with mile wide grins on their faces.

          “Annie Lewis?” a short perky nurse called. “Are you sure you want to do this?” I asked Annie, one last time, as she stood up. “Yes.” She replied, not looking me into the eyes, and heading over to the perky nurse.

          I could hear the regret in Annie’s voice. But once Annie makes a decision, there’s no stopping her.

Im sure a lot of people who read this will no like this chapter, because Annie got an abortion, and think im a monster. Well honestly guys, I don’t like abortions either, but it happens everyday, and if someone wants to get on the, well I’m not going to stop them. I don’t know why I deiced to add this to the story. I just wanted to bring the friends back into the story. But I hope ya’ll won’t start hating me for this. I’m sorry in I offended anyone. And I’m sorry that I made this ending note sooo long. But I’m think ya’ll will enjoy the next couple of chapters. –Dayna(: