Lily Potter: The Ravenclaw?

Chapter One:

"Goodbye Lily! Have a wonderful term dear! We will miss you!"

That was what mother said before I took the exciting step onto the Hogwarts express.

My brothers Albus and James had already found their friends and settled in, but I, nervous and awkward with my green eyes and red firey hair, had no friends yet and no place to sit. I looked around for a compartment with room enough for me, but as I expected, they all were full.

I finally found one with two girls near the back of the train. I could tell by their faces that looked as nervous as mine, that they were first years as well. I opened the door and politely asked

"Can I please sit here?"

One of the girls, with sandy blonde hair nodded yes, whilst the other, a brunette, smiled tenderly and said, "Absolutely!"

"Thank you!" I said to show my appreciation.

After a few moments of silence, the blonde girl spoke up and said, "My name is Amelia Brown" "Pleasure to meet you," I replied kindly, "I'm Lily Potter." I was expecting the usual: "Oh my gosh! You're Harry Potter's daughter!" but to my delightful surprise all I received was a warm smile. "I'm Natalie Finnigan" the brunette said sweetly.

I remembered hearing stories about Seamus Finnigan, whom I assumed must be Natalie's father.   He was a Gryffindor, like my father, and always lousy at school. Mum said he was quite an interesting boy.
After a few minutes of chit chat, we decided it would be best to go put on our robes. As we left the compartment, with me in the lead, I bumped into a blonde boy of average height. His hair was slicked back and he had a disturbed look on his face.

"Watch where you're going!" he said harshly as he glared at me, as if his eyes were trying to peer through my soul.

"I-I'm sorry;" I replied awkwardly as he turned around and went back to his compartment.

Natalie, Amelia and I changed into our robes, and went back to our compartment, on our way back I noticed the blonde boy staring at me rather intensely. I gave him a fierce look and then hurried back behind Natalie. "There's something quite mysterious about that boy;" I thought to myself.

Back in the compartment Amelia whispered, "You know who that boy is, don't you?"

Natalie and I shook our heads.

"Salazar Malfoy! His older brother is Scorpius and his dad is Draco!"

"Draco Malfoy!" I said, astonished, "He was in the same year as my father! He was awful to him! And oh, the things he did to my Aunt Hermione! You would not believe it! We better keep our eyes on that Salazar...he'll be in Slytherin for sure..with a name like Salazar and a father like Draco. How could he not be?"

With that, the train stopped, and I stepped onto the grounds of Hogwarts, hand in hand with my two kindred spirits, where a lovely familiar voice rung out like music "Firs' years! Ov'r here! Firs' year!"

I felt at peace. Finally, I made it to Hogwarts.