The Disappearance of the Cloak

Author's Note: Early and shortish chapter, SORRY! But I promise another one will be posted today to make up for the length. <3

The middle of October came upon us and still left us with many unanswered questions.

How do we get into the room of requirement?

Is Malfoy progressing with his plans?

Why were Draco and Gray having a meeting?

And lastly, and most importantly, why aren't they serving pudding for dessert anymore?

Chloe spent most of her time researching the Room of Requirement.

I was glad she was trying to help, but I wish she had had more time to help me with my assignments.

"Chloe," I said to her, one evening in the common room. "It's been two weeks. Polyjuice potion wins."

"No! We will not! I-I've almost figured it out!" she replied.

"Are you sure?" I asked skeptically.

"Yes-well, no," she said sighing.

"Please give me just a few more days! I'll find out!" she begged.

"Alright, alright, I give in."

"Thank you, Lily! You won't be sorry!" she said as she ran out of the common room.

Later that night, I was still in the common room waiting for Chloe to return. It was almost eleven when she came bursting through the door.

"LILY!" she whispered excitedly. "I've found it."

^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

The next few days left Chloe and I anxious. We were so backed up with homework that we barely had time to eat, much less go to the Room of Requirement.

I asked Chloe numerous times if she was sure she knew how to get into it. Although normally patient, this irritated Chloe and caused her to lose her temper.

"You are sure?" I asked for about the hundredth time.

"YES!" she replied with a defeated look on her face. "I am positive!"

"Alright," I conceded.

That Friday evening Chloe, Daniel, Holly and I were eating in the great hall. I whispered to Chloe who was seated on my right, "Tonight."

She understood, and nodded.

I was so anxious to see that room I ate as fast as I could and stared at Chloe while she politely finished her potatoes.

As soon as her plate was clean I grabbed her wrist.

"We are going back to the common room to study. See you guys later!" I told Daniel and Holly.

I grabbed Chloe and we walked hastily out of the great hall.

"Where is it?" I asked.

"Wait- shouldn't we get the cloak?" she suggested.

"Of course, the cloak! Now you think of it!" I snapped.

"Well, you did not tell me beforehand we were going tonight!" she snapped back.

"Alright, alright, sorry. Hurry though!" I said, once more grabbing her hand and running.

We ran all the way up to the Ravenclaw tower, answered an "Easy" question, and entered through the door.

"You wait here," I told her, "I'll get the cloak."

I ran up the stairs to our dormitory and flung open my trunk. I dug through all my stuff throwing it on my bed. I had emptied out all of my possessions, but nothing remained in the trunk. The cloak was nowhere to be found.

"CHLOE!" I yelled.

She came running and entered the dormitory.

"What is it?" she asked, panting.

"The cloak is gone!" I said, tears in my eyes.

"GONE?!" she replied. "How can it be gone?!"

"I- I don't know!" I said and the tears flooded my cheeks. "DAD IS GOING TO KILL ME!"

I sat down on my bed, and Chloe searched around her things, as well as mine to see if she could find it; mumbling under her breath while she searched.

"Uhh, Accio Invisibility Cloak!" Chloe said, holding out her wand.

"Accio Lily's cloak! Accio hallow!"

Much to Chloe's surprise, as well as my own, the drawer of my jewelry box shook after Chloe used the summoning charm.

"Well that's peculiar," she said.

"You don't think...?" I started.

"That maybe the cloak's in there?" finished Chloe.

"It can't be," I said.

"Well only one way to find out."

Chloe walked over to my jewelry box very slowly, and opened the drawer even slower.

"It's not in there," she said quietly