Lies, Letters, and a Laugh

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Thanks for sticking with me, guys! Hope you enjoy this chapter! Now, I've got to beg here. Pleeeease tell your friends about this book, I need more reads! I appreciate all of your support!! Any suggestions? PM me =-) Now, enjoy the chapter!

~m. j. grant

--------------------------------------------

I was staring into the eyes of Professor Gray. If looks could kill, I'd be dead before you could say Quidditch.

"Are..you okay, Professor?"

"Lily Potter!" he shouted, "Detention tomorrow night you horrible little nuisance!"

His words hit me hard, as if I had run into a brick wall.

"How dare you show up late! And 25 minutes late at that! What- do you think I have time to wait for little girls? I have to teach my lesson. You're not the queen of the world, Lily. I won't be kept waiting."

Tears tried to escape from my eyes, but I would not let them. I would not give him the pleasure.

And then, as if someone had flipped a coin, Gray smiled and started the lesson.

I decided then and there that I hated this evil bastardly fool.

It's not my fault I don't have any friends. It's not my fault I ran into Malfoy. It's not my fault I'm a Ravenclaw.

Well is it?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Daddy,

I'm writing to let you know of the strange occurrence of events that have been happening lately. First, I was placed into Ravenclaw as you know. I don't understand daddy, I'm nothing like the other Ravenclaws. Half the time I don't even know what they're talking about. I'm out of place here. I don't like it. Secondly, I was wandering around the castle by myself and I overheard Salazar Malfoy talking to another boy. He wants to find out something about me, daddy, and I'm very scared; I don't know what it is. Lastly, my DADA teacher, Professor Gray went crazy on me for arriving late, and gave me detention for tomorrow night. So if I don't make it..he's the murderer.

I miss you so much. Please don't tell mother I wrote you, she'll be on the next train to Hogwarts to give Gray a piece of her mind.

I love you, Dad!

Write soon please!

Lily

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Lily,

I want you to know how extremely proud of you I am. Being in Ravenclaw means you earned it and you are a true Ravenclaw, otherwise you would've been a Gryffindor. And you know why? It's because you come from a family of Gryffindor's. You're special, Lily. You'll find out soon enough. Lily, you remind me so much of myself it scares me. I wish I could tell you to not wander around the castle alone, but I'm not one to talk. Keep your eye on Salazar, and I'll see what I can find out about his father Draco. I've also written to James, you can talk to him about this too, and I've told him to keep his eye on Scorpius. The Malfoy's are a strange family, who knows what they may be up to, but don't worry, dear, you'll be okay.

I hope your detention goes well tonight. I don't see why Professor Gray gave you detention but it's beyond my control. Please let me know if anything else happens, I would like to know. I love you.

-Dad

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It was the middle of the night and I heard a tap on the window. It was my brother's owl, Duck. I crawled out of bed and opened the window slowly.

 Duck flew in and landed on my bed. He dropped a medium sized package on my pillow, rested for a moment, then flew back out the window and out of sight.

I climbed back into my bed, and opened the package.

On top I found a note written in awful penmanship. "Oh James," I thought to myself as I laughed.

I opened the note and it read,

"Lily Willy,

This is dad's invisibility cloak. I thought it might come in handy. You're welcome to use it for a while, but remember, it's MINE! I'm Sirius, Lily.

-James Sirius Potter"

I was astonished! How nice of James to lend me his cloak! I decided to put it in my trunk and get it out when I could actually use it. The only thing I needed then was to get some sleep.