Finally at Peace

Lily felt an instant rushing sensation and realized she was being pulled upward into the air. It was like flying, but different, for she was flying feet first up the chamber pipe. She did not stop until she landed with her feet on the ceiling of the girl's bathroom.

"QUICK! LILY CLOSE IT!" shouted Chloe.

It was all a daze, and Lily somehow manage to speak Parseltongue and closed the chamber.

"Liberacorpus!" called the same voice that had lifted her up. She immediately began to fall.

"Aresto Momentum!" called a second voice, and she stopped frozen in the air, and slowly fell down to the ground.

Her eyes were shut, but a man picked her up. His warm embrace was recognizable, even though she could not see his face; it was her father. She opened her eyes and saw the second man, Professor Longbottom.

She smiled at him, tears of shock, horror, confusion and joy falling rapidly down her pale cheeks. Her father let go, and next it was Chloe who hugged her tightly.

All were lost for words momentarily, and Lily ran to give her Herbology professor a hug as well.

"Okay, okay, okay," said Lily at last, "How on earth did you know to come here?"

Harry answered first, "Believe it or not, I received a message from Draco Malfoy..he explained what was happening, and that he was worried about you."

"Draco Malfoy? Your childhood enemy? Father of my enemy? Worried about me?!" Lily asked, horrorstruck.

Harry laughed, "Surprisingly, yes!"

"What about you, Professor?" Lily asked, turning to Neville.

"Your cousin, Teddy wrote to me. He asked me to keep an eye on you to see if anything suspicious was up. I noticed your absence tonight at the ball and I went to see if I could find you. I ran into your friends Mr. Thomas and Mr. McMullen. They told me where they were headed and where you were. I contacted your father via my patronus and he arrived by floo into my office. We then came in and saw Mr. Malfoy here with Miss Gordon. He is currently in the headmistress's office to be dealt with later. By the way," he said reaching into his pocket, "here's your wand."

Lily felt her wand and spun it around a bit; it felt good to have it back.

Chloe spoke after being silent for a long time, "Mr. Potter, what are we to do with Professor Gray and Scorpius Malfoy?"

"I've contacted the Auror Office at the Ministry; as well as Draco Malfoy and the Minister, Kingsley. They all should be here soon, we will then decide what we are to do with them." was his reply. Chloe nodded shyly, a look of great relief on her face.

"Now," said Harry kindly but firmly, "I want you two to go to the hospital wing, you've had enough trouble for one night."

Lily did not argue, instead she ran to her father and hugged him once more. She whispered in his ear, "I wish I could have been as brave as you."

"Lily Luna Potter," he whispered back, "You were even more brave than I. And a heck of a lot smarter, too. Never in a million years would I have thought to take action the way you did; carefully and wisely. You did wonderful tonight, Lil. I'm so proud of you."

"Dad?" she whispered.

"Yes?"

"I'm failing potions," she said flatly.

Harry let go of her and laughed, "You really are my daughter."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

On the way out of the bathroom, Lily and Chloe saw Ron Weasley, and about ten other aurors that they did not know the names of. Ron stopped when he saw the girls, smiled warmly, and lead the aurors into the bathroom. Lily and Chloe exchanged excited smiles; Gray would finally receive his comeuppance.