Ravenclaw Tower

This chapter is dedicated to Chloe :)

Author's Note: Wow! You guys have been commenting alot, I'm being pushed! I love it! I'm such a procrastinator, your comments have helped me alot :) Once again, after 5 comments I'll post. same rules, if I get 5 before 3PM EST tomorrow, I'll post tomorrow. If not, I'll post the next day. Now, enjoy!

I left Hagrid's with a somewhat brighter perspective on things.

I walked towards the castle slowly, praying that nothing else would happen that night.

I was tired. Practically dead. I didn't even realize how tired I was until I walked right into a tree.

From that point on, all I could think about was how tired I was. I groaned, yawned, moaped, dragged my feet, and sighed. When I entered the castle (Thankfully, the door was still cracked open) I tried to be quiet. The last thing I needed was for someone to come and find that I was out of bed. It was pushing midnight, and I had a full schedule the next day.

Somehow, I managed to make it to Ravenclaw Tower. I used the bronze eagle doorknocker, and it asked me, "Is the pen mightier than the sword?"

I stood there. "Er, um..ehh..uhh...well..uhh.."

This was one of the things I hated most about being a Ravenclaw. Why couldn't we just have a password like the Gryffindors? It would save lots of time.

I sat down on the hard, cold floor and began to cry. I was overwhelmed, and exhausted. All I wanted to do was get into my bed and fall asleep.

If I had guessed the answer, I more than likely would've gotten it right, but it was too late. My mind was drained and I had nothing to hope for. I seeked pity, and understanding. Perhaps if I just lay there and cry, someone would stumble upon me, and look down at me and say, "Oh, poor child. You must be having a rough night. It's alright, dear, it's going to be okay."

That was all I really wanted!

So I lay there, and I grew cold. Every part of me was frozen. My body was cold, my heart was cold, my mind was cold. I felt like giving up, even though I hadn't even tried.

I shivered, and even though the discomfort was almost too much to contain, my eyelids grew weary, and I began to fade.

It seemed as though I had only just fallen asleep when I was startled and awakened by my name.

"Lily!" a voice whispered, loud, but hushed.

"W-What?" I said, as I sat up.

"Oh, thank goodness! I was so worried, Lily! You never came back from detention! I-I waited until everyone fell asleep and then I came to look for you, I've been walking around the castle for hours! Are you alright? What happened? Here, put this on, you're absolutely freezing!"

Chloe wrapped her sweater around me and helped me up.

"Come on, let's get you inside and warmed up!"

Chloe gently knocked using the doorknocker.

Again, the doorknocker asked, "Is the pen mightier than the sword?"

"Yes, for with a pen, one can accomplish great things by proving oneself with pure wisdom and knowledge, whereas with a sword all one could accomplish is violence, which leads to death, which proves nothing of oneself."

"Very well," said the doorknocker, and the door was opened.

Chloe, was a very smart matter-of-fact type of girl, she always tried to have complex and detailed answers when asked questions, whether it be by a Professor, a student, or even the doorknocker.

We walked into the common room, and I took a seat near the roaring fire, whilst Chloe went up to the dormitory to fetch me a blanket and some warm pudding that she had brought back after dinner.

I had never been more grateful to a person in my life.

We sat there and silence while I wolfed down the delicious pudding.

When I had finished, Chloe stood up. "We should get to bed. Full schedule tomorrow! And when you are ready, I want to hear everything that happened. But for now, you need your rest."

We walked up the stairs to our room, I said, "Thank you," to her, and got in bed.

I didn't even bother to put on my pajamas, I simply climbed into my four poster bed, and fell asleep.

Author's Note: Hope you enjoyed it!