What Society Tells & The Truth Is..

QOFD: Marry a men who fears Allah so he will treat you right Because of his fear Allah.

Chapter 20: What Society Tells & The Truth Is...

Society tells us to marry a rich, handsome, fun spouse, but Islam teaches  us that piety is the most important trait in a mate.

Prophet Muhammad (Sallallaahu layhi Wasallam) has told us how to live as a Muslim, and one of the branches of faith is marriage.

It has been thus narrated in the Hadeeth stated above that when a person marries, he has complete half of his religion and so he should fear Allah regarding the remaining half..

Al-Tirmidhi Hadith 3096

Hadhrat Anas ibn Malik narrates:

A group of three men came to the houses of the wives of the Prophet Muhammad (Sallallaahu layhi Wasallam) asking how the Prophet worshipped (Allah), and when they were informed about that, they considered their worship insufficient and said:

“Where are we from the Prophet as his past and future sins have been forgiven.”

Then one of them said: “I will offer the prayer throughout the night forever.”

The other said: “I will fast throughout the year and will not break my fast.”

The third said: “I will keep away from the women and will not marry forever.”

Allah’s Apostle came to them and said, “Are you the same people who said so-and-so?

By Allah, I am more submissive to Allah and more afraid of Him than you; yet I fast and break my fast, I do sleep and I also marry women. So he who does not follow my tradition in religion, is not from me (from my followers).”

[Saheeh al-Bukhari]

______________________________________

May Allah give all believing men and women, married or looking to marry, the towfeeq (grace) to be the ideal Muslim husband and the ideal Muslim wife with His Divine help and guidance.

Join me to say Aameen.