Hey Muslim Girls Under 18

Guard Your Heart Girls, For It Is The Wellspring Your Life.

Chapter 31: hey Muslim girls under 18

You're still young, and you don't know, so you should know.

Don't trust guys who compliment you incessantly, who woo you and flirt heavily. Don't follow back the guy who liked all your pics, who called you hot, who asks you for more pictures or to meet up. He's in it for himself. He wants you to reciprocate.
If you are young and he wants you to give something up of yourself - your time, your efforts, your trust, something sacred to you, he's in it for himself. If he wants you to go behind your parents' backs, he's in it for himself.

If he is for himself, he is automatically against you. If he is against morality, and respect, and trust, and building things up the right way, he is against you. That's not love. That's disrespectful.

One of my favorite blogs said something along these lines: True love is sacrificial. LOVE IS SACRIFICIAL. It seeks to give, and not to take.

The guy who gives up his time, his efforts, who spends time praying about and for you, who takes the time and trust to meet your family, he is in it for you.

No guy who truly likes you and wants you will ever go against the will of God to have you. Period. He will tread lightly and carefully, no matter his emotions, and even if they're strong, the last thing he would want is for you to be accountable for bad acts.

Keep this in mind. You're still young. Attention is always warranted. But the greatest thing you can be right now, at this age, is untouchable. The girl people are scared to approach, the one who commands respect just by being.

The girl who worked really hard and is super smart and has the brightest of futures ahead. Don't be eager for attention. Don't accept attention from just anybody. Do your own thing. Hustle. Be loud and yourself and vibrant and dynamic. But don't do it for a guy, and certainly don't ever let a guy disrespect you.

I encourage all my Muslim sisters to dream of changing the world. You are capable of such amazing things, so don't let Society hold you back. "I want to be a woman who overcomes obstacles by tackling them in faith, instead of tiptoeing around them in fear."