Q/A ~~1

If his love for the Messenger (SAW) transcends his love for you and everything else.

Marry him. He's a keeper.

Chapter 34: Q/A ~~1

QUESTION:

I wanna ask you a question... That if a boy likes a girl than is it allowed for him to purpose her? Or can he give a message of nikkah to her? And what should be the method to do so?

ANSWER:

If a boy likes a girl, then it is allowed for him to propose her. You may follow the example of Khadija(RA) who sent her close friend Nafisa to speak to the Prophet PBUH about marriage. When both of them were inclined towards getting married to each other, the Prophet PBUH then sent his blessed proposal to Khadija(RA) through his uncle.

You may follow the footsteps of Ali(RA) who proposed himself to Prophet PBUH to marry his daughter Fatima(RA). And sisters may follow the footsteps of the daughter of Shu'ayb(AS), who indicated her wish to marry Musa(AS) to her father and he proposed to Musa(AS) on her behalf.

There is flexibility in Islam on ways to propose a girl or a boy. Whatever method you choose to propose, make sure to follow the proper channels as prescribed in Islam. You also have to see what's acceptable in your culture (if it is within the bound of Shari'ah) and by your family. In some cultures, it is preferable if the parents ask the other parents.

And Allah knows best