Part Twelve

Dark Passion
~Ch. eleven~
"Anything worth having is worth fighting for"

_______________________________________________________________________________

The night was still.
An ominious sort of still that kept Eri awake.

That was unusual, due to the fact that tonight she had the large four poster bed all to herself. Staring ahead, she searched for anything that could possibly be keeping her up. Nothing came to her line of vision. She listened for excess noise? Nothing.
That was until her stomache heaved, and an ungodly sickness came up, leaving her with no other option but to charge for the toilet. After emptying the last of her dinner, Eri let out a long sigh.

"-Enjoying the baby are we?"

Eri jumped, smacking her elbow against the porcilen toilet. Cursing in pain, she stood up face-to-face with her enemy.

"How did you get in here?! Why are you even in my damn house..?"

Though angry, Eri was not able to yell at her best ability. The constant sickness had given her a nasty headache.

"Let me give you a refresher, sister.. Remember that day when my little buddy kuroi came by for a little hello?"

Eri shut her eyes, scraping out the unpleasant memories of her sister's boy toy.
A smug smile tugged at the corners of her lips.

"You're kidding me, right? You're angry for me not comming?"
Sara's expression darkened, and she sent a menacing glare at her twin.

"I wanted to make amends with you, instead you go off, get married, and don't have the decency to invite your sister!"

Eri walked past her sister, over to her bed.

"What are you trying to accomplish Sara? Go home."

From across the room, Sara's angry blue eyes burried into Eri's with hatred.

" You really think you can keep Takuma from leaving you because of that worthless thing?"

She pointed at her baby bump, only to earn a hurt look from Eri.

"You'll suck him dry, Eri. He'll leave the minute he comes back."

"-Take that back, Sara!"

"Why don't I make this easier, sister..?"

A frightening laughter errupted from her ruby lips, as Sara crept closer to Eri. Just as Eri stood to her feet in alarm, she was thrown down to the floor. The impact was too much for her to take. A searing pain flashed through her stomache region, as she was kicked repeatidly.

With each blow, came more pain. Everything was going so slow..the very last thing she saw was Sara's foot inches from her eyes.

Until everything faded to darkness.
The pitch black seemed to drown Eri in waves of nothingness.
It swallowed her up, until things faded to a sublte light.

It became brighter, as her eyelashes fluttered open. Hanging over was a doctor.

"Wha..?"

She looked to her right to find Takuma as well.

"The..The baby!"

She snapped back to reality. She had put her child in danger. The Doctor stared at her for the longest time.

"Your child.."