Part Fourteen

Things never go the way

 you expect them to.

 That's both the joy and frustration

 in life.
__________________________________________________________

          It was early morning. Everything was still, the birds were chirping happily, and daylight came seeping into the Ichijo Manor and onto the warm bodies of Eri and Takuma.

          Takuma was knocked out cold, while Eri on the other hand was left wide awake. Eri cracked a small smile as she realized this normally happened. She didn’t mind it either. She often enjoyed watching him sleep. Not only did he look so damn attractive like this, but his expression always displayed pure bliss when he was sleeping.

And that was quite pleasant to see.

          But today she was unable to enjoy this moment to its full extent. The dilemma with Sara seemed to plague her mind continuously, and this was something Eri was completely unfit to ignore. Normally when she was overthinking like this, Takuma’s happiness completely ignited hers. As she gazed down at her husband, she waited for this happiness she usually would feel… But after time had passed, it was finalized that today was not the day.

          The thought of severing her very last family member was definitely too crucial to forget. Even for a moment. Eri shook her head and a dry laughter tumbled from her lips. It was silly of her to think she could forget something like that.  

          Still, she couldn’t help but find her eyes moving on their own, back to Takuma. Her eyes scanned his sleeping face and her heart thumped a little louder than before. She loved the way his hair tended to get so messy in bed. It made him nearly as irresistible as when it was perfect (Which was always). Eri on the other hand could not pull off looking decent with messy hair the way he could, though Takuma begged to differ.

          Her eyes then made their way down to his lips as a small bit of frustration welled in her chest. It wasn’t fair that those lips of his looked so irresistible right now. The fact he was asleep only added to her temptation to kiss him. He was sleeping so peacefully, it would be heartless if she woke him up.  Nonetheless, she felt her body drawing itself closer and closer to him.

What’s the shame in one kiss?

          Gingerly, she pressed her lips softly against his bottom lip. Almost on cue, his lips responded to hers. Surprise washed over her and this only urged her to take in more of him.

          “Eri…” Takuma murmured against her lips, “…Go back to sleep”

A smile spread across his face, etching small dimples into the left side of his cheek. Eri simpered down at his response, and decided to leave him be.

--- But she froze.

          An overwhelming compulsion for blood consumed her. As soon her eyes flashed crimson, she could no longer contain herself. Within seconds, her fangs were pierced through his neck. Takuma’s eyes flew open in an instant.

“---Eri…” His voice rang, “can’t this wait?”

And her fangs only burrowed deeper into his skin.

Wincing in pain, he realized she was incapable to stop. And She had taken more than enough of his blood.