Chapter 9: Spray Paint Switch-Up (E)

Chapter 9

During lunch I found myself constantly glancing at Easton, who was avoiding all eye contact with me. I swear I saw him glance in my direction a few times. I even saw his friends try and carry his short lived gaze and they always landed at my table but they’d quickly turn their heads away. I slumped in my seat as Jessie gave me a sad look. I could only wait until my date was over to speak to him.

After getting ‘dolled up,’ as Aunt Cherry would put it, she decided to talk to me about my life, in a very therapist like manner. I had an hour to kill, seeing as Jessie wasn’t coming to get me until 6:45 PM and it was only 5:40 PM. My Aunt and I traveled to the living room to talk because everything that’s said in my room is practically read off to Easton, who wasn’t in good terms with me yet.

“So, who is this guy? All of a sudden you come telling me that today you have a date with Ethan. I could’ve sworn you had something for Adrian.” She sighed at her failed guess.

“Easton’s attractive and all but that attitude has got to go. And Ethan is a guy I met at that party you forced me to go to.” I replied, fiddling with my hands that rested lightly on the couch.

“But I thought that you were trapped in a room half of the time and you refused to tell me what happened in the other half.” She glared at me during the latter.

“I was and Ethan ended up coming into the room and making me laugh, but I still gave him an attitude and he said that he liked that.” I earned a pleading look from her. I ended up telling her the story of the other half of the party that was a week ago, I’m a bit late.

“That guy sure loves getting on your nerves.” My Aunt laughed as she spoke about Easton, rolling her eyes. I nodded my head, raising both of my eyebrows. She made it worse than it was, asking me to describe him!

“You have no idea,” I muttered. “You also have no idea how childish he’s being about this date.” I sighed. My Aunt gave me a confused look.

“Are you two a couple?” She asked. I looked at her with an outraged look on my face before I coughed on my own air mixed with laughter.

“No, we’re not. We are not a couple.” I laughed lightly as I looked at her like she was crazy before laughing again. "That will never happen."

“Then why is he so upset about this date?” My Aunt questioned.

“He said that Ethan is a player, which I’m not totally ruling out because he is a jock and Jessie and I aren’t exactly in the loop about who’s who. But anyway, Easton believes that Ethan just wants some and then he’ll never call me again. Easton also said that he doesn’t want my name floating around the locker room because Ethan will tell the whole entire football and baseball team, which Easton also is on with him, how I am and I’ll be labeled as easy and I’ll be harassed. He also added that either way he’ll lose because he’ll have to deal with hearing me and my guy friend every night or with me crying my eyes out day and night.” I sighed, shaking my head. My Aunt listened intently before she blew out a breath.

“I wouldn’t rule out the fact that it is a possibility. And I’m not saying that it’ll happen; just keep your guard up. And be honest, are you really looking for a relationship with Ethan?” My Aunt asked me. I sighed out loudly.

That question stumped me. Was I really looking for a relationship with a jock? He was way more popular than I am and before the party, he didn’t even glance in my direction. He isn’t all that down to Earth and hangs out with a lot more people in a day than I’ve hung out with in my whole entire life. Am I really ready to have a major change such as that one?