Chapter 41: Very Good Things

Chapter 41

I stared at myself in the mirror; my purple dress fit me nicely. I had to go dress shopping alone, may I add. I would have much rather been with my two best female friends but it seems as if we aren’t going to be talking for a long while.

I looked at the mirror, not at myself but at the thing behind me. It was sitting on my dresser. It was my photo album that contained every picture that I had. I walked over to it and skipped to the section labeled ‘friends.’ It had all the pictures I’d taken from the ones in the photo booth with Adrian to the ones Emilia forced me to take at the sleepover with Trent and Logan. I let out a sigh. I miss those idiots.

I sat on my bed, the nerf gun I’d bought when I went shopping with Adrian secured in my hands. I was shooting the wall repeatedly. After a while, I got bored of shooting foam bullets at something that couldn’t even fight back.

I walked around my room, surveying the disaster. My gaze locked on my white converse that I failed to look at. I slowly reached for them, picking them up. One shoe had the old messages displayed on them and a few new ones, from Trent, Emilia and Mattie.

‘You’re the awesomest geek I know. You’re probably correcting me for using the word ‘awesomest’ when it should be awesome.’ –Trent.

‘I love you, Fiona, you make yummy pancakes.’ – Mattie  

‘I’ve never met a person as funny as you are or as dense… in a good way *wink wink*.’ - Emilia

I smiled widely at Mattie’s cute messages. I was surprised to see Emilia’s message, I don’t remember bringing my shoes to her. And honestly, I did correct Trent’s words.

I looked at the other shoe and in red, defined print, words repeated themselves.

‘I’m sorry, I’m sorry…’ – Adrian.

The words were written on every inch of the shoe, all except for the bottom. He even wrote on the tongue of the shoe and the white front.

I’m sorry.

So am I.

___

It was an hour before it was my chance to be on stage and I was waiting in the back. Normally, this was the time you’d spend with the people accompanying you but I told Aunt Cherry not to worry about talking to me, it’d only make me more nervous anyway.

Instead of sitting there moping, I had my bucket list scrawled on my lap. I had my pen in my hand and I was updating it.

Bucket List

1. Go on a real first date (with someone I actually like) for a picnic, I like picnics.

2. Get kicked out of a store, one I don’t go to because they might ban me and I can’t have that. (With Adrian)

3. Skip school for a day and go out, not stay home. (With Adrian)

4. Go on a rollercoaster at an amusement park, one that my instinct says ‘No’ to. (With Adrian)

5. Dye my hair a crazy color, for example; dying the tips red or blue. Or maybe even a streak. (Or two.) (With Jessie)

6. Dance in the rain with someone, hopefully a guy… who has abs, and happens to be shirtless but I’ll settle for Jessie if I have to. (With Adrian)

7. Go to a drive in movie. I think this is pretty self-explanatory.

8. Throw a drink in someone’s face because they’re a jerk. (With Ethan)