Chapter 35: Do me a favor.

Chapter 35

I slammed the door to my house, passing Aunt Cherry who looked at me with a mixture of curiosity and worry. I ignored it and made my way upstairs where I quickly took a shower, dressed, and left. I ignored Blake’s yapping at my ankles and just exited the house with my cell phone and keys.

The drive to Jessie’s house was quick; maybe it was because I drove 20 miles over the speed limit. Or maybe it’s because I wasn’t thinking straight. When I got out of the car, I stormed up to the front door and knocked loudly. Jessie came to the door with a smile on her face. When she saw my expression, it slipped away.

“What happened?” Her voice was concerned as she opened the door, allowing me to enter the house. I heard barking and she walked over and slammed a door shut.

“I’m done with Adrian.” I whispered. She looked at me confused for a second.

“What?”

“I said I’m done with Adrian.” I told her a bit louder, my glare set on the floor.

“Why?” She asked, her voice hesitant.

“Because I just am, okay? I didn’t come here to talk about it. I came here to get away from them.” I told her and she nodded, walking over to the cabinet and grabbing hot chocolate mix.

“Want some hot cocoa?” She asked me, smiling at me. I nodded, wiping my eyes and brushing my hair out of my face.

We sat and watched movies until I decided to leave. I parked in my driveway, staring at the house beside mine. I looked at the clock, 11 PM. I had a lot of explaining to do.

“Where were you?” My Aunt asked the moment I stepped foot into the house.

“Jessie’s.” I muttered, kicking my shoes off of my feet. I shed my jacket, silently thanking Aunt Cherry for loving the heat so much.

“What happened?” She asked, her voice patient. Her arms were crossed over her chest and she stared at me.

“A lot.” I told her. She sighed, running a hand through her hair.

“Get some sleep, you look you need it. You have a lot to tell me tomorrow.” She informed me and I nodded, thankfully walking upstairs to my room.

I grabbed my pajamas and walked to the guestroom, not bothering to even look at the window. Blake was barking at my feet and I smiled down at the small dog. He let his tongue fall out of his mouth as he blinked his crossed eyes up at me.

__

I woke up a bit earlier than expected. I got ready and decided to make my own breakfast, and then some for Aunt Cherry. My viola case sat on the couch. I made pancakes and eggs, eating them slower than I normally would. The events from last night consumed my mind.

When I finished eating and washing dishes, I still had an hour to kill before I’d need to leave. I decided to go upstairs to my room and get Blake’s leash to walk him. On my way downstairs, I hooked Blake up to the leash and was ready to exit the house, Blake bounding around at my ankles.

When I opened the door, Trent was standing there, tired. I quickly closed the door in hi face. “I just want to talk!” Trent knocked.

“Go away, I don’t want to talk.” I replied, my back pressed against the door.

“Eventually, you’ll have to.” Trent responded. I heard his footsteps fade away and I opened the door hesitantly, peeking out.

I walked Blake to the park and played with him for a while. I ended up leaving because I was too cold.