Chapter 37: Weather Problems

Really Not Edited...

Chapter 37

"You went out last night." I choked on the cereal I was eating slowly. I was avoiding any conversation with my Aunt but she seemed to figure me out.

"What?" I asked, swallowing another spoonful of cereal.

"I saw you leave." She told me, staring at me above her computer. I nodded. "Care to tell me where you went?"

"I got a call from Adrian." I started to say and my Aunt's face went pale. Did she think...?

"No! He was drunk at a party." My words just made it worse! No! "No, he needed a ride home."

The amount of relief on my Aunt's face was insane. "I had to drive him home." I clarified completely.

"Why'd you come inside crying?"

I pursed my lips. "I told him."

"Told him what?"

"I told him that I like him." The words made it even realer, as if it was really happening and it wasn't some messed up dream.

"What did he say?" My aunt's words were slow and cautious.

"He was partially drunk, what do you expect him to say?" I sighed, pushing the cereal away.

"He rejected you?"

"Nope, he did worse. He gave me false hope. He called me beautiful and told me I was different. Sick, right? He's just trying to let me down easily and that's not what I wanted. By doing that it's making my mind think I have a chance but I don't. I want him to tell me to leave him alone and cut all ties with me."

"How drunk was he?" She bit her lip.

"So drunk that he vomited twice around me." I sighed, placing my head on the table.

"Maybe he meant what he said." She explained and I shook my head.

"I don't want a 'maybe;' I want a definite answer. But I have one; he doesn't like me." I replied with a sigh. "Why do things have to be so complicated?"

"Maybe you should try getting out, huh?" I nodded.

"I guess you're right."

***
I had a missed call on my phone. It was Logan. I felt that I should call him back, I owe him an apology.

I pressed the phone to my ear; his voice filled the line a moment later. "Hey!"

"Hi, Logan."

"Are you okay? You don't sound too happy." He replied. I sat on the guest bed.

"I haven't been very happy lately." I replied and Logan sighed.

"I know, that's why I called you." His voice was turning happier towards the end of his sentence. "Em and I wanted to know if you wanted to hang out with us today."

"Just you and Em?" I didn't want to intrude or be a third wheel.

"Nope, Trent and Jessie will be there, too!" Or a fifth wheel.

"I would but I don't want to intrude on your double date." I bit my lip.

"If you're worried about being a fifth wheel, don't worry. We're just going to have game night." I curled my lip at that. What teenagers spend their weekends playing trivia and monopoly?

"Well..."

"Say yes." Logan replied.

"Okay, fine. What time?" I asked, biting my lip.