Chapter 23: 10/26 featuring Glow sticks

Sorry that this chapter is so long. :( 
Note: This song is super scary and I wouldn't even listen to it. Plus, there are a lot of dog references in this chapter and I wanted you guys to know that I'm actually not a big fan of dogs... I seem like I'm addicted once you read this chapter.

Chapter 23

After showering again and making sure to brush my hair well so it won’t be a problem when I’m in the water. That’s if I get into the water. My mother was out and my Father was on the couch, watching some Political program that I found deathly boring.

Using the purple bathing suit that I’d purchased last Summer when I was taking swimming lessons (which didn’t help all that much because I had a hot instructor and I enjoyed staring at his abs when I was supposed to be watching him swim).

It’s a bikini and I don’t even know what possessed me to buy the devilish thing. Now that I look at it, I literally hurl in my mouth. I don’t have the body for a bikini. Let’s get one thing straight, I’m not skinny, I have no thigh gap, my stomach isn’t flat enough to write on, and my collarbones aren’t as defined as a model’s collarbones.

In fact, my thighs are a bit thicker, my stomach has a bit more meat and my collarbones are ‘healthy,’ as the doctor calls it. If it were just Jessie and I going out for a swim, I wouldn’t care because it’s Jessie! But I’m going to be going to a pool with Trent, Logan, and Adrian. Who knows? Maybe even more people!

After a debate with Jessie over the phone, I put on the bathing suit and a pair of plain black jeans over the bottoms and a light purple tank top on top of it. I had that smooth feeling on my legs right after you shave and put material on your legs.

 Instead of the usual pony tail, I French braided my hair to make sure that it’d stay whilst I swam. I painted my toe nails and finger nails purple, placing a top coat on them to keep them intact. I didn’t bother with makeup because I was going to be in the water.

I had to double pack a bag for after swimming, the night, and for tomorrow. Not only did I include clothes but I included makeup, deodorant, a brush, lotions, two towels, movies, my bucket list (for some editing overnight), phone charger, bras and underwear, and a few hair products to tame my hair.

I had to unpack my bag after realizing that I’m not going to be able to get into jeans after I swim, so instead I put a pair of sweatpants and a tie dye t-shirt I made at camp a few years back. Surprisingly, it still fit me.

I walked over to my window to shut it, to make sure no bugs get into my room when I saw Adrian walk into his room from the bathroom with his swim trunks on. His hair was sopping wet and he shook it out in a dog manner.

“Put some clothes on!” I scolded him and he turned toward the window, his hair dripping water down his abs. I avoiding my gaze and couldn’t help the blush that formed on my face. A few drops of water and you’re already blushing and having a heart attack, imagine what him being completely drenched in water will do.

“Why? Does it bother you?” He asked, rubbing his abs. I still avoided contact, closing my window after I heard his mocking laughter and telling me to be at his car in 10 minutes. Scowling, I made my way downstairs.

“Dad, Can I spend the night at Jessie’s?” I asked him, standing beside the couch.  He glanced at me before looking at me again with a raised eyebrow.

“You’re already packed. Am I that see through?” He asked, smiling so widely that his eyes crinkled. I let out a small laugh, awaiting his answer. He furrowed his eyebrows for a moment.

“Are you going swimming?” He asked, motioning to my neck. I’m guessing he noticed my purple bathing suit tied around my neck. I tried to think of an excuse. My dad may be cool but he has limits, and those limits aren’t beyond letting me swim in a boy infested pool.