Flowers & Mishaps

For my Miss stefanie_brito , I hope it turned out like you were hoping! Love you! :)

"I can't believe you have to go to NYC tomorrow." Peta commented as they cleaned up the kitchen from dinner that night.

"I know pretty girl. I'm not pleased with it either. I can't for the life of me understand why they can't just handle this one themselves." He grumbled. He had received a call from Eugene the other day saying that they needed him and Val back for a board meeting at one of the studio in the city. He had tried every which way to get out of it but had no luck.

"I can't either. But you'll be back for the appointment right?" She said softly. They had their full exam as well as they should be able to find out if the babies were boys or girls this week.

"Yeah, I should definitely be back for that. Our appointment is at 3 right? My plane gets in at noon. Worst case I may have to meet you there, is that alright?" He asked slightly nervous about this himself.

"That's fine handsome. We'll just play it by ear on that day. I just want you there for the appointment."

"I don't want to miss it either sweetheart." He said leaning over to press a kiss to her head as there was a knock on the door.

"That should be Rumer and Beau, they wanted to help with flower picking." Peta said smiling.

"Go ahead, I'll be in in a minute." He said as he finished up the last dish and drained the water.

"Hey guys!" He said as he headed into the living room, hugging Rumer and shaking Beau's hand.

"Hey, hope you don't mind we decided to butt in on this one." Rumer said smiling.

"Heck no, we appreciate all the help. And it's helped having other opinions that way we can make decisions quicker and sometimes other people see things in a different way."

"Okay, so did you guys decide to go with the florist at the place or you using your own?" Rumer asked once they all got situated and drinks were got.

"Well we haven't really chosen yet. We have their books and information. I think if they can do what we want, we'll just go with them since it'll be simper and it just all goes into our package. I believe they give us a discount too, right handsome?" Peta said looking at him for confirmation.

"Right, the more we do through them, the more we get off. I know we're already doing the catering through someone else, we just have to get that all in line but otherwise we figured we'd try to do as much through them as possible." Maks confirmed.

"Okay so do you have any ideas of what you like or what you want? I know you've always loved Calla Lilies." Beau asked.

"I have, those are sort of my top pick, so maybe those and we can get them in our colors and add some other things to make them look more elegant. Maks are you good with those?"

"I am, I think those are pretty too. Now what about stargazer lilies? I know those aren't technically purple but they may look more purple when we put them next to the purple calla lilies." Maks asked as he opened the book showing his flower of choice.

"I like that." Peta agreed, knowing those were Maks's favorite flowers.

"Me too. And it'll give you guys a little bit of a variety. I love your purple theme but this will give you just enough of another color that it'll make the purples stand out." Rumer added as Beau nodded his head.

"Did you want a big arrangement or what were you thinking?" Beau asked.

"Sort of medium. I don't want a huge one but maybe like I don't know...do you know what I'm saying." She asked getting flustered. Maks moved his hand to her knee and let it sit there trying to settle her some.