Chapter I

"Be your own damn hero." ~Ichgio Kurosaki (Bleach)
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It has been three weeks since Kairi and I were reunited and started living peacefully again on the island.

Three weeks.

Three weeks since the defeat of Ansem, Seeker of Darkness. Three weeks since Riku gave me my freedom back from the darkness. Three weeks since we last saw Sora, Donald, and Goofy. Three weeks since the universe was saved. Three weeks.

Three long weeks.

It felt like a lifetime ago when I was with Sora, Donald, and Goofy, fighting the Heartless. But, it has only been three weeks. Those three weeks dragged on as slow as it could possibly could.

"Sakura?" A voice called out to me in the distance. "Sakura! Ms. Sakura!"

"Huh?" I snapped out of my daze. I hadn't realized that I had my head in my hand that was propped on my desk and I was staring out the window. I blinked, and looked down at myself to see the white tee shirt with a blue plaid tie and matching skirt with dark stockings and shoes uniform I was wearing.

Oh, that's right. I was back in school again with Kairi on the island seerate to the one we go to and spend our vacation days on. I looked to see where the voice was coming from. It was my teacher and they had a stack of papers in her arms and was handing me a paper from that stack. "Your test, Sakura," they said.

"Huh?" I blabbered, confused before I processed what happened and took the test back. "Oh...thanks..." I sighed.

"I wouldn't be quite thanking me just yet..." they muttered as they left to hand back another student's test.

I glanced at the score of the test. It was covered in more red marks than white space. I didn't even have to look at the score to know that I've failed. I groaned, slumping over my desk and letting my hair and arms droop over the desk. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Kairi had given me a worried glance out of the corner of her eye.

Ever since our world had returned from the darkness, my mind has been on anything but school.

*~*~*~*~*~

The principal of my school sat across me as I sat on a chair across their desk. I played with my skirt, trying to pull it over my knees so I didn't have to look at my principal as they chose what to say to me."Sakura..." They started. "You haven't been yourself. You've been caught several times in class dazing off instead of paying attention. You have several missing assignments in most of your classes. Your test scores recently aren't even passing. I've talked to your adoptive father and sister and they said that home life hasn't changed. Is there something wrong?"

As I opened my mouth to speak, they guessed what the problem was. "Oh," They sighed. "It's the disappearance of Riku and Sora, isn't it?" They pinched the bridge of their nose and sighed again. "Why didn't I suspect it before...?"

I started to say something once again but they interrupted me once more. "Look, Sakura, I get that you're concerned for your missing friends, but you mustn't let it distract you from school, your future," they lectured me, clasping their hands together and resting their chin on their hands. "Your adoptive sister Kairi hasn't has any problem with her school life ever since they disappeared. Maybe take a leaf out of her book?"

"B-But..." I nearly choked up, trying not to cry as I heard the same lecture all over again. First my adoptive father, now my principal? How utterly humiliating. "T-They're my best friends..."

"This sounds like a problem that should be consulted with our school's guidance counselor," My principal suggested. "Why don't you try talking to them. They're lovely, and are sure to help you."