Chapter V

"Sometimes good people make bad decisions. It doesn't mean that they're bad people, it means that they're human." ~Anonymous
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I spent the next couple of weeks doing the same routine. Wake up. Eat breakfast. Work on weaving. Rest. Eat lunch. Talk to Naminè until Marluxia yells at me to get back to work. Work some more. Rest. Eat dinner. Get ready for bed. Sleep. Rinse and repeat.

Today started out normal, as usual. After lunch, I talked to Naminè while eyeing the door to see if Marluxia was coming in. Larxene barged in with her sour mood, as usual. "Shouldn't you be working by now?" She snapped. "You've rested enough."

I rolled my eyes. "Let me finish up I was saying to Naminè, then I'll get back to work." I stuck my tongue at her.

"You better," She muttered as she teleported out of the room.

I turned back to Naminè. "Anyways, as I was saying--" I continued.

"Ugh! I can't take it anymore!" Naminè yelled as she slammed her sketchbook onto the table.

"W-What? Am I bothering you? Sorry, I'll get back to work!" I sputtered as I got up. Naminè never yelled at me like that before.

"No, not that!" She cried. Naminè looked down to her legs, sighed and looked back up. "I am not your best friend! I never was!"

"What do you mean?" I blinked. "Did your memory powers mess up your memory too?"

"Don't you remember?" She asked. "Our first encounter. It wasn't in a village in the mountains. We never met before. Not until a few weeks ago."

"Don't be silly," I laughed nervously.

"That necklace," Naminè looked at my neck. "Take it off."

"Okay..." I took off the necklace and held the pedant in my palm.

"Think really deeply into your memories," Naminè begged. "That's not your real necklace. You gave it to the boy you loved."

Okay, Naminè's powers definitely messed with her head. "What are you talking about?" I said. "Mom gave me this necklace. You were there. Rem--"

Then, a spark went through my head. My eyes widened as I dropped the necklace into the ground. It clattered as I groaned and held my head. "Sakura!" Naminè cried as she got off the chair, ran over, and tried to lift me up. She was small compared to me, so all she was doing is tugging my arm.

"What's going on-" I muttered as I saw a strange vision. I was leaning against a palm tree with a silver-haired boy while a brown-haired boy and a red-haired girl sat in the branch. Them the scene shifted over to a white road with the silver-haired boy and I walking on the path with him while holding his hand. I handed him a necklace. It didn't look like the one I wore. It was a silver chain necklace with a blue heart that had a tiny golden crown on top. He smiled and put it around his neck before taking my hand into his.

The visions stopped and reality came back to me. I trembled at what I just saw. It made no sense. I saw myself in those visions, but they don't match up with my memories. "What was that?" I stammered as I picked up the necklace I dropped.

It fit perfectly in my palm. Then, it shattered like glass. The pieces fell off my hand and disappeared. I was shocked. I slowly looked up to Naminè. "What on just happened?" I whispered harshly.

"I think it's best for us to go through here and see for yourself," Naminè said as she summoned up a Corridor of Darkness and went through it. I followed her to see what she was talking about.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I have really bad writer's block right now, so I killed the action building and went right for the suspense. Since these chapters are short, I can write them and publish them quickly.