Chapter VIII

"Yes. You were wrong about me. I'm not anyone's puppet." ~Yato (Noragami)
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Marluxia teleported us the another floor in this castle. Just seconds after the rose petals disappeared, Sora and the gang came, barreling in the room. "You've defeated Axel," Marluxia laughed as he held us in front of him as a little warning to Sora and the others if they try to act out. "The Keyblade's power-how I've longed to make it my own."

"Let Naminè and Sakura go!" Sora yelled.

"You've no chance of winning," Marluxia stated. "Naminè, erase Sora's memories."

Everyone except Marluxia gasped. "But, if I do that..." Naminè sputtered as she turned around to face him.

"That's right," Marluxia smiled. "Sora's heart will be destroyed."

"His heart, destroyed?" Goofy gulped.

"You can do that?" Donald asked.

"I rather have preferred him unmarred, but he can be rebuilt-more to my liking with time. Naminè, do it," Marluxia ordered.

"No," Naminè replied as she shook her head furiously. "Sora and Sakura forgave me even when I deceived them. So how I can do that to him? There's no way! I don't care what happens to me! I won't hurt Sora! I won't!"

"Then you will--" Marluxia growled as he clenched his hand into a fist.

"Do it Naminè!" Sora shouted, turning our attention to him. He placed a hand on his chest over his heart. "Erase my memories! Destroy my heart! I don't need them to take on someone like Marluxia!"

"Sora's right!" Goofy said.

"We'll remember things for Sora!" Donald added.

"See?" Sora smiled reassuringly. "With my friend's memories, I'll be whole again!"

"You ignorant fool," Marluxia sneered. "If Naminè uses her powers to erase your memories-you'll be nothing but an empty shell. Your heart will no longer be able to feel or care. Just like Vexen's pathetic imitation of your Riku."

"Take a guess!" A voice shouted.

A portal opened and the Riku puppet came flying out of it. He slashed Marluxia with his Keyblade but Marluxia jumped back. Naminè screamed, grabbed me, and jumped to the side. "It can't be!" Marluxia sputtered.

"Riku!" Sora sighed with relief, glad to see him alright after what happened.

"No, just an imitation," the Riku puppet reminded him.

"You're a shell!" Marluxia yelled. "A shell who had everything taken! Everything!"

"What could possibly think I ever had?" Riku sneered. "Both my body and heart are fake. But...there is one memory I'll keep...even if it was just a lie! Whether it was a phantom promise or not...I will...protect Naminè!"

"Imbeciles..." Marluxia growled as he reached his hand into the air. A rose petal landed on it and his scythe appeared in his hands. He went into battle stance with rose petals surrounding him. "You would knowingly shackle your heart to a chain of memories born of lies? You would be one with your heart, yet cast aside your heart's freedom? You turn from the truth because your heart is weak-you will never defeat me!"

A dark ball oeb appeared and lowered itself onto everyone except Naminè and I. After a couple minutes and continuous lightning, the dark orb floated back up, releasing everyone from inside it before going higher into the hair and disintegrating. Marluxia followed as he stumbled and disappeared in purple smoke and rose petals.

"Is he gone?" Donald asked.

Sora gave him a thumbs up. "You could say that," Marluxia's voice taunted.

Everyone jumped as he appeared. "But what you just fought was merely just an illusion of me."

Riku jumped forward and slashed him, but he disappeared into rose petals, revealing for that Marluxia to be an illusion as well.

"He's higher up," Naminè explained. "Waiting for you."

"Then let's go!" The Riku puppet shouted, riling the party up.

"Hold up," Sora interrupted.

"Huh?" The Riku puppet turned to Sroa to see what he has to say.

"Since its not safe for Naminè and Sakura to travel with us, someone has to stay behind and protect them," Sora pointed out. "Would you do that, Riku?"

Riku sputtered, "You don't...mind?"

"Why would I?" Sora laughed.

Riku smiled, "All right. But, if you need help, I'll come running for you."

"Thanks," Sora said as he ran ahead. Before he exited the room, he turned around. "I'll make sure that illusion of Marluxia is the last Marluxia you'll ever see!"