Chapter VII

"Those who shoot must be prepared to get shot." ~Lelouch vi Britannia (Code Geass)
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I teleported into the room with a Corridor of Darkness where Marluxia was in. He didn't need to turn around to see if I was there. "You have some nerve to show your treasonous face around here...some nerve indeed," Marluxia sneered, not even turning around to see if i was there.

"Treasonous?" I laughed at the irony. "I don't know what you possibly could be talking about."

"Why let Naminè and Sakura go?" Marluxia snarled as he turned around, facing me. "If it weren't for your needless meddling-we could of turned the Keyblade master and Weaver of the Hearts to come and serve us."

"Oh, right, your big plan," I rolled my eyes playfully. "You use Naminè to rewrite Sora's and Sakura's memories piece by little piece, turning them into our puppets. Then, using Naminè, Sora, and Sakura together, you and Larxene overthrow the Organization. Am I right? I would say that YOU are the traitor, Marluxia."

"Since when you were suspicious of us?" Marluxia narrowed his eyes.

"Do either one of us have the heart to believe anyone?" I shrugged.

"Hmph," Marluxia glared. "So, you only eliminated Vexen to obtain proof of our plan?"

"That, I didn't want to do, but it was your orders," I summoned up my twin chakrams, flames sputtering around it, forming a ring around my weapons. Marluxia smirked. "Remember the order: 'You must eliminate the traitor'," I mocked, twirling my weapons in my hands. "I always follow orders, Marluxia."

Marluxia took a step back and summoned his scythe, pink rose petals flying everywhere.  "Larxene paid the price for disloyalty when she disappeared...you must do the same!" I shouted as I jumped forward and slashed Marluxia, but he dodged my quick attack by jumping back.

I threw my chakrams at him and he stabbed his scythe into the ground, shielding himself as my chakrams continued to spin in place, sparks flying from the grinding metal before they flew back to me and I caught them and stuck my arms out. You could draw a straight line from my left arm to my right arm. "The Organization's betrayed," I reminded him. "In that name, I will annihilate you."

"That line's not you," Marluxia smirked as he shook his head.

"Well, I had to try it once, you know," I smiled as I twirled my chakrams in my hands once more and jumped forward again.

Marluxia teleported away from me and threw his scythe at me. I held my chakrams in front of me as a shield and was barely able to block that attack. I grunted as I stood my ground, my feet sliding back from the force of the collision, The scythe went back to Marluxia. He smiled coyly at me and waved his hand in front of him. Two portals with rose petals circling them appeared in front of him. I knew exactly what he was going to do.

*~*~*~*~*~

I sat with Naminè in front of the "broken" Riku puppet. We were silent for a while. It was pretty awkward. Naminè finally broke the silence by clearing her throat, "Hey, sorry about..."

"Don't apologize," I said. "This was not your fault. It was Marluxia's.Once they get rid of those guys, you can work your magic and everything will be okay again. Until then, we sit here, wait for them, and protect Riku."

We continued to sit in silence. I might not be able to remember it, but I can't believe I allowed myself to be tricked into coming here. To be honest, everyone here in this castle lied to my face, and even with the false memories of our friendship, I'm still kinda irked at what Naminè did to me. But the person here that I was the most angry with is Axel. He was the first person to willingly converse with me and befriended me and now everything he did was a lie. It hurt, really, as I considered him a good friend. Good enough that I'm sure that I told a lot of personal stuff about myself before I lost my memories.

Suddenly, rose petals began circling us and a dark portal appeared underneath us. "Ah!" We both screamed as we fell through the portal and shot through a void, going so fast that I couldn't feel the usual pain of my chest collapsing on itself. We entered through the portals and reappeared in front of Marluxia.

He was holding his scythe and Axel was holding his chakrams. It appears that they were fighting. I gulped but stood my ground as I glared at Axel. Naminè began to breathe uneasily.

"Is that your shield?" Axel taunted. "Won't do you any good, I'm afraid."

SHIELDS? I thought. We're his shields? Since Axel ruined everything, that's the only use Marluxia has left for us?

"I wonder," Marluxia smirked as he leaned to the side. "Are you listening, Sora?"

"Oh?" Axel tipped his head slightly to the side. I leaned to the right to see Sora, Donald, and Goofy closing the door to this room.

Marluxia jerked me back. "Axel says he's willing to hurt Naminè and Sakura to get to me. You won't let that happen, will you?" Marluxia taunted the poor boy.

Sora, Donald, and Goofy summoned they're weapons. I saw a rose petal brush by my arm and we were gone in an instant.