Chapter XIII

"The world is too cruel for you to be so kind." ~Anonymous
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
After a couple more weeks, Xion and I became friends. Well, to the point where we can talk and not feel awkward about it. Also, as a bonus, she no longer locked herself up in her room anymore. She's also gotten used to and is now fine with me sneaking up and taking photos of her. I've started a mini collection inside a folder and named it "Xion". It's really small, as I only have ten pictures of her. I don't do this to be creepy, though. I'm not building a shrine of Xion and furnishing it with her pictures. It's just something I'd like to do to her and she's fine with it. I guess it's just a little quirk of our small friendship.

As Xion and I were walking through town. I suddenly yelled, "Smile!"

Xion turned the a small grin and I yelled, "Ah-ha! I didn't have my camera on me, so I didn't take your picture! Now you're smiling for no reason!"

Xion froze and realized I tricked her before sighing and shaking her head, still smiling. "You got me," She said.

As we continued walking, I said to Xion, "You know, if we do somehow get caught by the Organization XIII, don't hesitate and throw me under the bus, okay? Tell them I kidnapped you and took you prisoner and keep you locked up, and you don't know where. I'll take full responsibility, okay?"

"Really?" Xion asked. "Thank you."

As we walked some more, Xion spoke up as well, "You know, I have this favorite place I love to go sometimes when I have time to spare before I meet up with my friends. There's this world that's just a beach. I go there and just sit by the shoreline and close my eyes, listening to the ocean waves. If I find a shell I pick it up and take it home with me. I don't know why, but I feel like I'm at home whenever I'm there."

"That place sounds wonderful," I smiled. "Hey, how about tomorrow, you take me there and we can spend the day there! We don't always have to stop by Twilight Town al the time, you know."

"Sure thing," Xion nodded.

"Xion? Sakura?" A voice yelled at us.

We jumped, both knowing that we've been caught. We slowly turned around to see Riku, pulling his hood down to get a better look at us and running up to us. 'What are you two doing here?!" He demanded. "I thought I told you two to stay at the mansion where it's safe!"

"Sorry, Riku," I immediately jumped in, taking the blame. "It was my idea. I took Xion out with me because I was getting tired and bored staying inside the mansion all the time."

"Well, I rather you'd be bored than unsafe," Riku sighed as he pulled his hood up. "Put your hood up, Xion. We can't have you getting spotted. I opened a Corridor of Darkness nearby, so let's go and take you back there. I'm not going to chew you out on it, but if we come back and DiZ is there, you two are on your own."

"I will take the blame," I offered myself as sacrifice.

"We'll see what DiZ thinks," Riku shook his head that was concealed by the hood as we headed down the blocks of Twilight Town.

When we passed an alleyway, we heard a voice yelled, "Who's there?"

I jumped at hearing the voice, knowing that they were addressing us. I slowly turned to see Axel standing with a blonde boy in the alleyway. "X-Xion?" The blonde boy stammered once more.

We were done for. Caught by the Organization, there's nothing else we could do but run. I grabbed Xion's hand and Riku and I sprinted away from the alley. Looks like we're going to have to ditch going through that Corridor of Darkness he had summoned. "After him!" I heard the blonde boy shout and I turned my head around to see him and Axel gaining in on us. "That guy's definitely done something to Xion!"