Chapter XI

"A person can change at the moment when a person wishes to change." ~Haruhi Fujioka (Ouran High School Host Club)
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It has been a couple of weeks since I last saw Riku. Naminè has been making progress with Sora's memories. All I've been doing is sitting, watching her work, and waiting for Riku to come back. I got bored, so I decided to explore the castle a bit. During my exploration, I discovered something wonderful-I found a piano. Sure, it's nothing special-a white wooden piano with white keys and the only color on there was the black keys that controlled the sharps and flats of certain notes.

Being drawn to it, along with my boredom, I sat down and began to learn to play. It came so naturally it felt scary. The piano only had one song available for me to play, so I began to practice that piece until I could play it decently. By "decently" I mean I can only play a part of the music straight through.  I want to be able to play the music without looking up at my sheet music. The sheet music came with lyrics and I learned it as I went with the music. I only know a portion of the lyrics, though.

I wanted to share my newfound skill Naminè. Plus, the song I learned kinda fits for her. "Naminè, you gotta see what I found!" I cried, grabbing her arm.

Before she could protest, I dragged her to the room where the Organization members used a glass ball to see Sora and the gang's progress through the castle. It was still there, although now it's clear since nobody's been using it. I showed her what I found. "Is that a...piano?" She asked.

"Yup! I  got bored here so when I found this piano I taught myself how to play it," I explained while smiling, sitting down on the piano. "It actually came naturally to me, it almost was scary." I opened the piano and placed my fingers on my keys. Then, I took them off, cracked my knuckles, and placed them on the keys again. I took a deep breathe and began play the piano.

Drawings on paper constructed of hope and stardust.
Gathering memories long ago lost and forgotten in the void of night.
Line up the pieces.

Gathering pictures of friendships and journeys far away.
Put the pieces together and knowing forever that they will be entwined.
Linking the memories.

I played the last keys by memory before turning towards Naminè, smiling. "I'm not quite good at it just yet, as I can only play a part of the music," I laughed nervously.

"It still was beautiful," She sighed.

"It's so strange," I rubbed the back of my neck. "This came so naturally to me that it almost felt like I already knew this skill before I even sat down."

"That's because you already knew before you lost your memories," a voice explained.

We turned to see Riku by the doorway. "Riku!" I cried, jumping off the seat, running up to him and hugging him. He hugged me back. I looked at him. His silver hair has gotten longer, he's now wearing the Organization attire, and he had a black blindfold over his eyes. "What's that for?" I asked.

"My eyes can't lie," He explained. "When I look at them, I see Ansem. So I wear this to control myself."

"Oh," I nodded, not really understanding what he was saying.

"Besides that, I need to tell you all something," Riku said as we rrleased each other from our graspes. "You know the group called the Organization XIII that the people here at Castle Oblivion used to work for them? I discovered that they have two Keyblade wielders."

"Who are they?" I asked.

"Roxas and Xion," He informed. "You'll get to meet Xion soon. She's coming here very soon. Anyways, I want you to wear this."

He handed me an Organization coat that he wore. I took the coat and slipped it on over my clothes. "Ah, almost forgot," Riku said. "Let me give you this."

He handed me back the necklace he wore. "W-Why are you..." I stammered.

"I think you need this more than I do," He explained. "You're also going to need this."

Riku also handed me a dagger. It had a brown hilt and a moderately-sized sharp blade. I tucked it in a hidden pocket underneath the Organization coat I wore. "Use these for protection until you can use your Keyblade again," Riku told me. "Anyways, I got to prepare for Xion." Riku turned and halted as his hand was on the doorknob. "Also, Saki, just to warn you, you may be surprised of how Xion looks."

I was confused about what Riku said as he opened the door, exited the room, and closed it.