Chapter Twelve • Magical Moments

Lauren's POV
"The was a key- I don't know. Maybe it opens one of the doors?"

"Woah wait. You said there were a bunch of doors in that room right?" I nodded at Normani's words.

"If that's so then why would there only be one name carved into the key? What makes this C.C person so special?" I shrugged.

"I don't know but I'm willing to find out if you are?" Dinah spoke up.

"So. What's the plan on getting this key?" I shrugged again.

"I was hoping you knew......" Dinah let out a sigh.

"You're lucky I wasn't paying attention. So. Here's the plan, mani distracts Austin here at the station while you and I sneak into Austin's house and rescue Y/n" thinking of the plan, it doesn't sound all that bad.

"Wait. How am I supposed to distract him here? It's not like he'll agree to have a cup of coffee with me" Dinah rolled her eyes at the older woman.

"You're a cop. Bring him down here for questioning or something. Tell him he's a suspect for the case of those missing girls or something" Normani gave Dinah and okay as she leaned back in her chair.

"Well we'll have to do this tomorrow because it's getting late. How about I drop you girls off home and we'll meet up in the morning?" The cop asked as she dusted her clothes off and offered Dinah a hand.

"Yeah whatever" I mumbled as we exited her office and entered her car.

As we were driving, an idea popped into my head.

"Hey ah, can you drop me off at the skatepark?" I asked hopefully.

"Why?" Normani asked as she made a left turn.

"I just remembered that I need to buy my brother this skateboard he's wanted from this guy there. I wanna get it for his birthday"

"At night?" Normani questioned.

"He lives near the area" I lie and Normani nods as she parked down the road from the sketchy area.

"Be careful Lo" Dinah said as she drove off with Normani.

I took a deep breath as the cold air burns my lungs.

"Lauren?" I heard a voice say, as soon as I recognised who it was. Panic took over.

"Y/n it's not what it looks like" The look on her face said otherwise. I knew at that moment she was disappointed, disgusted. So was I.

"Why. Why would you do this to yourself. You could get yourself killed from doing this" she said in a soft tone.

"My life isn't worth living when you're not in it" I whispered, this sent Y/n over the edge as she engulfed me into a hug.

"Yes it is. We may not be together but that doesn't mean we can't be friends" I shook my head pushing her away.

"We can't be friends. I can't just be your friend" I sigh left her lips as she backed away.

"Well then I guess we can't be friends or anything more. You need to move on Laur, but drugs isn't the answer-"

"Yeah well it's my outcome. I'm sorry Y/n but this is the only way I get to escape reality and the reality is, I have nothing without you. So I do this because when I close my eyes, I see you. Sometimes I wish that I never wake up" silence over took us. Until.

"Don't. Don't say that. Cause when you do. You sound more selfish than I do" my face softened.

"You're not selfish Y/n"

"Yes I am. I'm selfish because I'm standing here, watching someone I love hurt themselves because I won't give them a second chance. I want to give you one Lauren but I don't wanna end up hurt again. I'm sorry" I sighed.

"Don't be. I understand"

That was a lie. I didn't understand why she wouldn't give me another chance. But I respect her decisions. Even if I don't agree with them.

Strolling up to the group of minors, I smiled as the "leader" made eye contact with me.

"Ahh Lauren love. Haven't seen you in a while. What brings you here?" Louis, the towns drug dealer asked as he approached me.

"I need to talk to Justin. He still sells......."

"Of course, he'll be here in a few. Although I'm not quite wrapping my head around the reason you're looking for that type of drug. Wanna fill me in or?" I nodded as I took a seat, waiting for Justin to arrive.

"I just wanna see her. It's been two days and it's killing me" Louis placed his hand in my shoulder.

"What happened? Did she move or something?" I shook my head.

"No. You know that Austin kid?" Louis nodded.

"She's held captive in his house. I called the cops and reported him but he hid her well"

"Damn that sucks. Are you trying to get her back?" I nodded in response.

"I'm trying but all I can think about is what that prick could be doing to her" Louis was about to reply but Justin approached us.

"Jauregui? What are you doing here?" Justin asked as he sat next to me.

"I need that magic stuff you mentioned. I wanna see someone and this is the only way" Justin looked at me with an unsure look.

"Are you 100% sure you want this? It has side effects and a 35% chance that you could be stuck in an unhealthy mental state. Your mind will be fried if things go wrong" I took a deep breath and nodded.

"If it means that I'll see what I wanna see then I'd only hope for my mind to be fried" Justin sighed as he brought out a bag of magic mushrooms.

"Take one and go easy, but. If you want the full effect. Take two and only two. I don't wanna go to jail for your overdose" I nodded taking the bag and handing him $100.

"No. It's free and you're probably gonna need that for your medical bill" I shrugged before putting the money in my pocket.

*

As I sat at the edge of my bed, staring at the bag, the only thing going through my mind was Y/n. Telling me not to do it. But then imagines invade my mind. Images of Austin on top of Y/n. And Y/n enjoying it.

Wasting no time, I ripped open the bag and ate one of the mushrooms. I made a face at the taste. It wasn't very appetising but It also didn't take long for the effect to hit me. As I heard a creak.

I looked around the room to see no one in sight. But then.....

"Lauren" my eyes shot towards the voice. That's when they landed on her, my breath hitched. 

"Y/n"