Chapter Twenty-Three • Out Of Breath

Dinah's POV
I sat anxiously on my bed, thinking about my sister and the recent information I had heard. Is she really considering this? How could you even when you have a family here that loves you. I just don't understand. I need to find a way to keep her here, or at least find a way to keep Camila from leaving.

I can't do this alone. I need someone who has information about Camila. Or at least someone who knows her personally.

Wait.

I remember, Y/n talking about Camila and Mani knowing each other. Apparently they were best friends before she went missing. Maybe she can help me.

(At the station)

I strolled into the busy foyer to see many unfamiliar faces. None of them belonged to the one woman I was looking for.

"Dinah, what are you doing here?" I gave Mr Jauregui a warm smile.

"I was just looking for Normani. My mom wanted to thank her for saving my sister," Y/n was right. That school really is paying off.

"Oh, well she's in her office," I thanked Lauren's father before, sneakily making my way towards Normani's office.

Once I was in, I was met with her signature confused face. I smiled sheepishly in reply.

"Dinah Jane, what brings you here?" I rolled my eyes. I hate it when she calls me by my whole name. Just call me babe or something damn.

"I need your help," Mani's smile dropped in concern. At least I know she cares.

"What's going on?" She asked, dropping her pen and running to my side.

"Y/n, mentioned that you might know Camila personally. Is she right?" Normani nodded. We're on the right track.

"Well in that case. I need your help in finding out a way to make her stay here. Apparently she's running away and planning on taking my sister with her. I can't have that," I watched as Mani pursed her lips, thinking. Hopefully, of possible ways to keep Camila here.

"I don't have anything to make her stay but I could find a reason for her to. Like if she had a criminal record, but I doubt it. You can't get arrested at 16 or lower. You're only put under our supervision. Maybe if you found something of hers like a- Diary," Normani's lips curved into a smirk as she thought. I guess we're on to something.

"What is it?" I ask curiously.

"I overheard Austin and Y/n talking when we visited him for some info on Camila. I think I might have something that'll make her stay," my eyes sparkled at the information. Maybe this could work.

Lauren's POV
I gripped my hair tightly as I felt the world slightly spinning. What is happening to me? Why do I feel so hopeless?

"Lo, are you okay?" The echoes of Ally's voice, messed with my head. My vision was now blurry.

"Lauren," Ally called, her tone full of worry.

"Woah," I breath out as I fall to the ground.

"Lauren!" I shook my head to gain back conscious, luckily it worked.

"Are you okay?" Ally asked, holding my face. I nodded in reassurance. What's happening?

"Deep breaths,"

"Lauren, follow my breathing. In and out okay. Deep breaths,"

"I-I can't," My breaths became quick and painful. It made my head feel like it was going to explode.

"Lauren, listen to my voice. You need to calm down," I looked up at her beautiful face. I've never noticed how beautiful she was till now. That relieved some of the pain.

"Lauren, please!" It saddened me to see her like this. I know we've only been friends for a few days but for some reason, I wanna be more.

"I-I can't," Her expression went from worried to desperate. I could tell she didn't know what to do. But that changed, along with her facial expression.

Before I knew it, her lips were attached to mine. It was absolutely heaven, even though I couldn't breathe, it was all worth it.

She slowly pulled away and my lungs filled with much needed air. She saved me.

"H-how did you do that?" I ask, looking at her with a thankful but loving look.

"On Teen Wolf, I heard Lydia saying something along the lines of, holding your breath could stop a panic attack. So when I kissed you, you held your breath," My pulse raised at her words. She could have thought of so many things that would've made me hold my breath. And she chose to kiss me.

"I can't believe you remembered that," She gave me an awkward smile. Our first kiss, the most awkward but beautiful way to share it.

"Y/n," I whisper under my breaths that were slowly calming down.

"What? What about, Y/n." I shook my head and removed Ally's hand from my face.

"I can't let her leave with Camila. I can't let her leave me," Before I knew it, my feet were running off in search for the one my heart yearned for.

Your POV
I took a deep breath before knocking on the door of Camila's motel room.

Moments later, the Cuban came out wearing only an oversized shirt. I smiled at how cute she looked.

"Y/n? What are you doing here?" I cleared my throat before speaking.

"I came to talk to you about the whole, running away thing," Camila's pink, plump lips curved as she stepped aside, allowing me access to her living space.

My eyes studied the 3 star motel, intensely. I understand why it was only rated 3 stars. Is that blood stains?

"So I'm guessing you're coming with me?" A flash of hope, gleamed in her eyes. Now I feel bad.

"That's the thing Mila, I can't go with you. Like I said before, I have my family here, my friends, school. Everything is here and if you leave, it'll all be incomplete-"

"I had a feeling you were going to say that," My pulse quickened at how low her tone was. It terrified me.

"W-what?" Camila's jaw clenched as she made her way over to me. I looked to her hand and saw that a white cloth accompanied it.

"I knew you were going to reject me, yet again. First it was at Austins when you stopped me from going further, then it was at the beach when you walked away with Lauren, then after I told you I loved you. Now this, frankly I'm quite sick of it. Why can't I be happy for once! Where's my happiness! I don't deserve this!" My lip quivered as she came running at me. I tried to run but I tripped over something, sending me tumbling onto the dirty floor.

"Don't run away from me!" I silently cried, trying to get up but she had a good grip on my ankles.

I tied to push her off but it was too late, she was already straddling my lap, ready to press the material to my lips.

"Stay still baby! We'll be happy soon, I promise," How did she get so strong? Is this bitch on steroids?

Soon enough, her strength was too much and so was the strong chemicals that invaded the air. I was out cold.

______________________________
Did I forget to mention that Camila was crazy? Or was it not that obvious😁