Chapter Twenty-Two • Pouring Out

I looked at her with a shocked expression. Run away with her? I left her out in the street after I rejected her love for me. Now she wants to run away with me.

"What the- Why are you asking me this?" Camila shook her head and smiled.

"Just think about it. You and I, we can finally be together without any distractions-" she stopped at mid sentence and held my hands.

"Just you and me," I looked at her like she was insane. I can't run away with her. I have a family that I love here. And my mother would never allow it. She'd track me down and give me the biggest hiding.

"Camila, you know I can't do that, and I don't think you can either-"

"I've got it all covered. I have the money and the locations. All I need is you," without hesitation, I shook my head and pulled away.

"I can't. I've got my family to worry about, Colleges to apply to, Dinah needs me-" I was cut off by the soft and captivating sensation.

The addicting taste made it difficult to pull away. I couldn't pull away, as much as I wanted to. I couldn't. To my relief she did, not without leaning her forehead against mine.

"Please run away with me," she begged, desperately. My heart fluttered. How is she slowly controlling me so easily. All she did was kiss me.

"Camila, you know I can't-"

"You can't. But do you want to?" I thought for a moment. Do I want to run away with her and possibly make a future with her?

"I'm not sure. But if you give me time to think of other ways to-"

"To what. To convince me not to go through with it? No. I am leaving, I'm not making the same mistake I did before. But for you," My breath hitches as she backed me up against a wall.

"I almost want to," Why is she talking all this non sense. I can't deal with her right now. She's so confusing.

"I have to go," I say pushing her off of me.

I was about to leave but she got a strong hold on my wrist. It kinda hurt.

"Wait. Here," she said handing me an envelope. I frowned in confusion.

"Read it. Maybe it'll change your mind," Camila pecked my forehead before leaving me to my thoughts.

What is in this envelope?

(After School)

The rest of the day, I was anxiously thinking about what could be in the envelope. Is Camila finally telling me what she's been hiding? Is she finally gonna tell me why she refuses to talk about her family?

"Y/n!" Dinah, I think, called.

I turned around to see Dinah approaching me, along with Ally and Lauren?

"You're not gonna do it are you," she asked out of breath. I looked at her confused.

"Do what?" I ask, glancing at Lauren who was looking at me with a desperate expression.

"Runaway with, Camila." My eyes widen. How did they know?

"Who told you that," Both Ally and Dinah looked straight at Lauren. I should have known.

"And how did you know?" Lauren looked away, ashamed. She should be.

"I overheard you and Camila, talking in the bathroom," I chuckled bitterly and crossed my arms.

"And your first instinct was to tell my sister, instead of confronting me first. What happened to invasion of privacy, Lauren." This must've hit a nerve in her because she was pouring out with words.

"Invasion of privacy. It's not an invasion of privacy when it involves everyone around you! You have no idea what it'll do to people if you get up and leave, what about your family!" Rolling my eyes, I cross my arms and wait for her to finish.

"And the worst part is, it's her you're considering running away with! You don't know her like I do, Y/n. She's a crazy bitch that needs to be locked up," That's when it was my turn to lose it.

She doesn't know, Camila like I do. She may be keeping secrets but she would stop at nothing to keep me and everyone she loves, safe. She's not crazy and she definitely does not deserve to be locked up. She took care of me when we were liked in Austins house. She made me feel safe. How dare Lauren say those things.

"You know what, Lauren. Fuck you. You don't know shit!" Both Dinah and Ally, gasped in shock. I've never said that directly before so I understand why they would be surprised.

Lauren was about to speak but I refused to hear it, by turning around and running towards the old park down Main. It's the only place people won't look for me.

I just need to read this letter in peace. With no distractions. I want to hear what Camila has to say.

Once I had reached the small bench, I took a seat and pulled out the letter of my back pocket.

Taking a deep breath, I open it up.

Dear Y/n

I'm guessing you're considering leaving with me, that's amazing because I really hope you come with me.

I just need this. I need to get out of this town, it's not good for me. That's why I need you, you're good for me Y/n, you make me happy and you make me feel loved. That's what I need right now.

That's why I'm asking you to runaway with me. So that I can be happy without any distractions. Don't you think I deserve a little happiness considering I was locked in that house for 4 years?

Because I do.

I know you're trying to get to know me better, this is your chance. It's also a chance for us to be together.

I don't know what will happen after you read this but I need to get this off my chest.

I'm foolishly, completely falling for you. And I do love you, to the moon and back, to infinity and beyond. You're the best thing that ever happened to me. You're my everything, Y/n.

You, without hesitation, give me butterflies without even trying. The way you flip your hair and bat your eyes, it makes my heart flutter. I love the feeling I get when I see you, I never want it to end. Because without you I'm incomplete and that's why I need you, so please. Come with me.

I'll be waiting at the Glen Capri Motel if you decided to come. I really hope you do.

I love you Y/n.

Love, Camila.

Well shit. I need to find her. Like right now.