Chapter Eighteen • In Defeat

"Wait you know her?" I ask Lauren in shock.

Before Lauren could answer, she bolted out of the station with her name being called by her father.

"I want three officers out looking fo-"

"You don't need to do that. I know where she is" I spoke making my way towards the door.

"Y/n wait-"

"No Dinah. I have the right to see her" Dinah sighed in defeat as she backed up.

I then ran to the one place Lauren goes when she's upset. Mostly because I showed her the area. It was basically our safe haven.

I sighed in relief when I saw her familiar hair flowing in the wind as she look out towards the ocean.

"Lauren?" I ask approaching her.

"Y/n?" She rasped out. My face softened as I saw her with tear stained cheeks.

"Aw Lauren" I coo bringing her into my arms.

She cried harder and gripped my shirt, like she would die if she let go.

"Lauren what's wrong?" I ask feeling her tears hit my neck.

"I-I needed an excuse to be alone with you. I knew this was the only way" I pulled away wiping her tears.

"Why? Why do you need to be alone with me?" I ask moving a strand of hair out of we face.

"So Dinah doesn't kill me for doing this" before I could comprehend, Lauren grasped the back of my neck and brought our lips together.

I hold my breath stunned. I know we shouldn't be doing this but I have to admit. Right now. Nothing felt more safe to me. The kiss told so many things, like how she'd do anything to keep me safe or how desperately she wanted me at this moment.

I pulled away and leaned my forged against hers. Lauren's eyes were closed, savouring the moment.

"Lauren how do you know Camila" I ask seriously.

Lauren's eyes shoot open, her pupils dilating after. I watched as she swallowed the lump in her throat.

"I-I don't know her. I just know that she went missing" Lauren lied as she averted her eyes to the ocean.

"Don't lie to me Lauren. I know you know Camila" Lauren sighed as she looked down in shame.

"You know how I have um-"

"Trust issues. Yeah. I know" Lauren sighed as she made eye contact.

"Well Camila. She's- s-shes the um. The reason" My eyes widen as I back away from her. No. She can't be. They can't have. That's impossible. Right?

"No no Y/n please it was-"

"I don't care what it was or is. I have to go. My mom is probably looking for me-"

"No! She hasn't! No was because your sister told Ally and I not to tell anyone!" I gave Lauren an appalled look.

"Oh so this is my sisters fault now huh!?" Lauren huffed us she approached me.

"I didn't say that! What I'm trying to say is, if you didn't go save those girls. We wouldn't be in this situation-"

"In this situation!? What about their situation huh!? They were stuck down there for years Lauren!" Lauren's face softened as she looked down.

"What if that was Taylor or Dinah or even Ally. Would you risk you life just to save them-"

"Of course I would! You went down there for strangers!" I clenched my fists.

"I went down there because there were helpless people that needed to be rescued! Family or not! Everyone deserves to be saved! Even the worst of people" Lauren ran her fingers through her hair. She'd usually do this if she was tired, insecure or in defeat. 

"Yeah I know. It's just the past couple of days I lost my fucking mind without you" I sighed.

"I'm sure it wasn't that bad. You've gone longer without me-"

"That's the thing. Back then I was a stupid kid that couldn't tell left from right. A stupid little girl that fell in love with the wrong people. An idiot that didn't realise what she had until she lost it. But please Y/n. I can't go on without knowing if you're at least okay" I smiled slightly.

"I'm okay Lauren" Lauren stared at me with this sparkle in her eye.

"Can I at least have a hug?" I chuckled, slowly entering her arms, burying my face into her neck.

"I don't know if I'm allowed to say this but. I love you and I don't care if you don't love me back. I just want you to know that I really do love you" I smiled into her neck.

"I love you too. I just don't know if it's just as friends or more" Lauren chuckled.

"Well I'll be here when you find out. But in the mean time" Lauren stopped at mid sentence and pulled away.

"Please convince Dinah to let me be around you. I can't handle not seeing you any longer than I already have" I nodded, pecking her cheek.

"I'll make sure to tell her" Lauren smiled before taking my hand.

"We should probably go before my dad sends out a team to find me" I giggled walking with her.

"Trust me. If I didn't know where you were. He would of" Lauren giggled with me as we made our way back to the station.

"I guess dating the most handsome girl at school paid off eh" I rolled my eyes and nudged her.

"You wish Michelle" I tease, smirking at Lauren's reaction.

"Hey what did I say about calling me that, Lelei" I gasped.

"How dare you Michelle. I thought we were friends" I joke.

"I can't just be friends with you but because I can't stand not being around you. I'll have to put up with it" I smile and cheer.

"Yaaaaay best friends!"

"Haha yeah. Friends"