Chapter Nineteen • Change Of Mind

"Finally! I thought Lauren kidnapped you" Dinah exclaimed as she ran to me and pulled me into her arms.

"Yeah no. We just talked and we're good" Dinah pulled back and squinted her eyes.

"Good as in dating good?" I made a face and shook my head.

"No idiot. I mean we're friends" Dinah sighed in relief before I heard someone clear their throat.

I turned around to see Camila standing there awkwardly. I smiled and faced Dinah.

"Can you give us a minute?" I ask hopefully. Dinah sent Camila a look before leaving.

"So you know, Lauren" Camila looked to the ground.

"I didn't know the Lauren you mentioned was thee Lauren Jauregui," I sighed and took a seat.

"So how do you know each other?" Camila ran her fingers through her hair as she sat down.

"It's a long story-"

"I have time," Camila was about to speak but she saw something behind me that prevented her.

"I'm not sure you do," she said pointing behind me.

I frown and look over my shoulder. There I saw Dinah waving over to me, I'm guessing to leave.

"Ugh. Damn it Dinah Jane," I mumble.

Camila chuckled and leaned forward, placing a kiss on my cheek.

"I'll see you tomorrow," She whispered.

"How do you know?" I ask.

"Oh you'll know. Trust me," I frown before being dragged out of the station.

"What the hell Dinah!?" I growl.

"Mom is looking for us. We gotta go home like now," I nod before running home with my overly paranoid sister.

Once we entered the house, we were met with our mother.

"And where have you two been. Especially you," She asked sternly as she pointed to me.

"I was at Rebels," I reply nonchalantly.

"Oh really. Well I called rebel and she said you haven't been at hers all week- actually neither has she. She's gone to Australia. So tell me. Where have you been," I bit my lip, glancing at Dinah in fear.

"I knew she wouldn't buy it. You should have just told her you were going to a music camp," Dinah said dramatically.

"Music camp?" Mom questioned.

"Y-yeah. Music camp. Specifically piano," Mom squinted her eyes and thought.

"And you didn't bother to tell me because?" I put on my stressed face and sighed.

"Because I didn't want any attention brought on me. I didn't want you to think that if I did this, I'd suddenly want to make it my career. You have more important things to worry about them me," I looked down, glancing at Dinah who looked surprised.

"Oh. Well. Next time-" mom gabbed my cheeks and squeezed them together.

"I want you to tell me these things. Got it" I smiled and nodded. She briefly pecked my forehead and excused herself.

Once she left, I looked towards Dinah who wore a shocked expression.

"Upstairs. Now," I rolled my eyes and follow her to our room.

"How the- how were you so chill. What the heck!?" I chuckled laying back on my bed.

"I guess that preforming arts school is finally paying off," Dinah rolled her eyes and pushed me.