Sophia the Great

My heart beats loudly against my chest as I watch bullets fly through the air and hit our soldiers. Fires are ablaze on homes and stores while people are inside of them. I watch them burn and scream for help. Im broken and shattered because I know I cant help. You know I too am fighting for my life. If I go out there, no telling how I could die.

Shortly thereafter, I see a man riding a horse, pause, step down from his horse and exclaim these words loudly: "What my ancestors have been trying to do for years has finally been done! I have conquered the great empire of Azalea!" Tears roll down my face as I hear these words. My home has been conquered by Azalea's long time enemy, the Chaldieans.

2 weeks ago, everything was fine. Well at least I thought it would be if everyone had listened to me. People thought I was crazy, but I knew this was gonna happen. A war was coming and there was no way to stop it! What was I suppose to do stay quiet and not let anyone know? No! If I did I could be held responsible for the deaths of many.

One day I tried to warn them, I tried as hard as I could. "Hello Madam. There is some news I would like to tell you. A very terrible, terrible war is coming in 2 weeks. I strongly advise you and your family to leave this land. In 2 weeks,it will be in ruins." I said. The woman looked at me very strangely and replied," You stupid girl! Get away from me y-y-you...." Her voice trailed off and she walked away in despair. She couldn't call me anything because she herself knew it was true. This time I was lucky. Someone had believed me in a way. Others would tell me to get a life or act like a normal teenage girl. They called me things like liar, or foolish and worst of all, psycho child. I couldn't fight the dream I had. It wouldn't feel right to hide it either.